Hallo from Canada

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

StephenAcworth
DDK Newbie

Hallo from Canada

Post by StephenAcworth »

Hi
I am a newbie to both early Porsche and this site. I have enjoyed the threads I have read so far and look forward to reading more (when time in the garage permits). I recently acquired a 1966 911 coupe in pretty original condition. I think the numbers match (drivetrain numbers are certainly period). The major issues are the 'update' it received in 1974 to make it look modern! For example, they chaged the rear deck lid... luckily they retained the grill, though they did decide to paint it black (was fun to clean it up). Also, the rear centre panel was replaced with a fibre-glass monstrosity. I am gathering the parts necessary to put it back to original.
There is a small amount of visible rust that needs to be fixed ASAP and I have a guy lined up to do that. He was recommended by the mechanic who has worked on the car these past 28 years...
I have receipts dating back to 1974, which shows that the mileage is high, but that money was usually spent on the right things.
The car is 6601 slate grey (though it might be a late 70's interpretation of the colour). I am trying to verify...
I recently bought a set of steel wheels that are more period than the Fuchs it acquired in 1974.
Overall I am very happy with the car and am enjoying working on it (when I get the time).
Happy to be here on the site and look forward to many more hours spent reading what you guys are all up to!
Stephen
StephenAcworth
DDK Newbie

Re: Hallo from Canada

Post by StephenAcworth »

Trying to upload photos... system doesn't want to let me... any ideas?
mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

Welcome to DDk Stephen, I was just about to say `post some pictures please`. :)

Are you using a site like Photobucket to host your pictures ?

Have you checked out this thread.... http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewto ... f=1&t=3864

Regards, Mike.
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

Welcome to DDK!

Slate grey is a very cool colour eh? 8)
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Which part of Canada are you in? I lived in Ontairo for a while but the weather isn't very classic friendly
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Welcome to DDK
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
StephenAcworth
DDK Newbie

Post by StephenAcworth »

Hi
It's been a while since I last posted here... for the past four years my car [1966 Coupe] has been in the shop for a complete restoration. It's coming tantalisingly close, but COVID has slowed things down a lot...
Now I'm trying to work out how to upload images...

Stephen