924S trackday car needing bits

Any technical issue relating to Motorsport Porsches

Moderator: Bootsy

Peter Roberts
Married to the DDK

924S trackday car needing bits

Post by Peter Roberts »

I have bought a 924S. OK OK so i'm a heretic but my credentials for DDK are ok as i also own a pair of 911's and a 356SC
Having wanted to get a track day car for some time it was always thwarted by the lack of time to do anything about it.
With retirement looming i need something to fill the time and spend my state pension on.
Currently the car is standard but will be modified over time but my immediate needs are a roll cage, decent seats and harnesses. If anyone out there has some parts to get rid of i will be happy to here from you.
This is not a serious attempt at racing, this ia an opportunity to have some fun so i am not looking for the best as my pension will not stretch that far.
356SC
911T
Wide bodied 3.2 Carrera Targa ( cashing in pension now sold)
928GTS (now sold)
Carrera C4S ( now sold)
Carrera 4 with Techart ( now sold)
944 race carfor track days ( Now sold )
1978 Mini Clubman Estate restoration complete
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: 924S trackday car needing bits

Post by smallspeed »

For seats and harnesses check out the driftworks fourm; they always seem to have a decent amount of bits available and prices are pretty good :)
MBEngineering
I luv DDK!

Post by MBEngineering »

HI Peter
replace the cam and the balance shaft belts, also the thermostat and check the cooling system is A, O, K, before knocking 10 bells out of it,ask Bert!!!! other wise the state pension will go down to a dribble,
change the oils and brake fluid also, this includes the clutch fluid.

regards mike
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

I'm just about to do a Autosolo ( race round some cones ) in a 944 that has been stood for a year.. nice advice thanks I will go though this as my fan on the 944 does run quite alot so I best change that stat.

Like Peter I am not going hell for leather more a trail at some thing new and hope to drive home afterwards type attitude really and have a laugh.