sugestion (not offer) - ddk trackday / sprint / hillclimb

All the news as we aim to raise £10,000 for charity to mark our 10th year

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

sugestion (not offer) - ddk trackday / sprint / hillclimb

Post by smallspeed »

as a thought off the back of grahams fabulous radical-laxitive offer, what about a DDK trackday, sprint or hillclimb event?

i'm not sure what the cost would be to hire a circuit, hill or airfield for the day, but might be a good laugh, an oppportunity for a meet up, and quite profitable for the 10/10 initiative?.. need to get the right balance of spaces vs. cost though.

thinking as an offshoot of the event, could potentially rope in some of the ddk photographers to take some snaps during the event and sell them to drivers/passengers afterwards too to raise some additional funds? tea/coffee on the day, bbq afterwards, paid passenger laps, etc..

we've hired bruntingthorpe a few times to film our diggers (oi, no laughing, its a serious business :lol: ) and its only been a hundred quid an hour, so could do a 1/2 day fairly cheaply.. the track is like a washboard though so i wouldn't recommend brunt per-se

oh, and don't bother trying the top gear test track; they wouldn't let me hire the place out unless i was press or professionals and wanting to do filming or photography... ..when they found out i actually wanted to hire it for a stag-do they just laughed and hung up!!
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: sugestion (not offer) - ddk trackday / sprint / hillclim

Post by Nige »

Curborough is a good setup and very relaxed which suits the DDK ethos.