Classic Le Mans Commemorative Grille Badge

All the news as we aim to raise £10,000 for charity to mark our 10th year

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Classic Le Mans Commemorative Grille Badge

Post by bjmullan »

I knew I wouldn't find anywhere outside of the 944 to position the badge so rather than a grille badge I have an air vents badge...

Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

But this is where it will end up...

Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
wayne 32
DDK Newbie

Post by wayne 32 »

Hi, iwould like one of the grille badges if possible. I will be attending the event, but without a porsche. I am travelling from Christchurch, New Zealand to be their. For any one interested, i have a collection of early cars, including 1958 356 A Coupe, 1972 911S coupe, 1973 911E coupe and a 1973 2.8 RSR which i use in classic events in NZ. Some of these cars can been seen i my web site www.autothority.co.nz. Can you please let me know how i can buy one of these badges, Cheers Wayne Graves.
Ferry Man
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Ferry Man »

Hi there Wayne, welcome to DDK. :)
I'm sorry but the badges are all sold out. I believe Steve (left4dead) has one up for charity auction on the forum. That may be your last chance.
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
jtparr
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by jtparr »

Hi Paul

badge arrived safely Monday, but only managed to fix it this evening, as it was a nice evening managed to clean the car to compliment the shiny new addition

regards

Jonathan
1974 2.7 Carrera
(full restoration. now as an RS Touring)
1963 3.8 E Type
( 11 years in the making…………………….)
1952. XK120…the next one ……….……..)
stuby
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by stuby »

Ferry Man wrote:Thank you everyone who supported this fund raising initiative.
All the badges are sold.
Many people have been very generous, some donated extra to the guide price, some collected by hand yet still paid carriage charges, some donated and didn't even want a badge.
Thank you all.

So, I had hoped to raise £700 or more. Each purchase ensured at least £15 went to the '£10k for 10 years' fund. But those extra contributions were also added into the mix.
And I'm delighted to confirm that we raised £930!

As a further gesture on my part I have rounded that up to a four figure sum.
I have contributed direct to the 'just giving' website.

We raised a total of £1,000!

Well done DDK. :cheers:

Just read this - how spooky ? Total raised = 930 - from a bunch of 911 enthusiasts .....

Stu
Don't shoot the messenger....He's only doing his job!
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Brian Burrows
DDK Newbie

Post by Brian Burrows »

left4dead wrote:
Ferry Man wrote:All the badges are now sold. No more orders please, you've missed the boat... :)
Not quite.... :wink:
As per my promise on page two of this thread mine is available to the highest bidder. It is still wrapped in its bubble-wrap as sent by Paul earlier this week.
Whoever wants it the most by midday next Friday (25th May) will receive one of these magnificent, SOLD OUT, limited edition grill badges.
100% of money raised for the 10k for 10 Year charity.
There must be someone out there who wasn't quite quick enough off the mark first time round so this could possibly be your only second chance.
Bid generously, folks; it's for Macmillan.

Please note I've no idea how to receive Paypal payments (unless someone PMs me what to do!) so a cheque would probably be best.
Hi,

Did this badge go?

If it's still available, I'll take it.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Brian Burrows
DDK Newbie

Post by Brian Burrows »

Brian Burrows wrote:
left4dead wrote:
Ferry Man wrote:All the badges are now sold. No more orders please, you've missed the boat... :)
Not quite.... :wink:
As per my promise on page two of this thread mine is available to the highest bidder. It is still wrapped in its bubble-wrap as sent by Paul earlier this week.
Whoever wants it the most by midday next Friday (25th May) will receive one of these magnificent, SOLD OUT, limited edition grill badges.
100% of money raised for the 10k for 10 Year charity.
There must be someone out there who wasn't quite quick enough off the mark first time round so this could possibly be your only second chance.
Bid generously, folks; it's for Macmillan.

Please note I've no idea how to receive Paypal payments (unless someone PMs me what to do!) so a cheque would probably be best.
Hi,

Did this badge go?

If it's still available, I'll take it.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
If not . . . I'm a Scouser . . . I'll thieve one :lol:

Be afraid! :wink:
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

Hi Brian, a little late to the party but all will be forgiven with a generous donation to the Macmillan fund. ;) :) If you'd like to PM me your postal address I'll be able to send it after the holiday weekend. :cheers:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Brian Burrows
DDK Newbie

Post by Brian Burrows »

left4dead wrote:Hi Brian, a little late to the party but all will be forgiven with a generous donation to the Macmillan fund. ;) :) If you'd like to PM me your postal address I'll be able to send it after the holiday weekend. :cheers:
Great stuff!

Thank you. :)

How much am I donating? What did everyone else pay/donate?

Is there a PayPal/Just Giving link? I'll do it right away. :)

I'll PM once I've paid.

Thanks again.

Brian
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

Hello Brian, apologies as I'm on my hols so not checking in as regular as usual. The original figure/donation Paul was suggesting was £35 plus £5 postage, I believe. I donated £100 with a promise to pass the badge on to anyone unlucky enough not to have secured one and was willing to donate to the cause. If you'd still like the badge I have pasted the direct link below. As mentioned earlier if you pm me your postal address I'll pop it in the post.
Bootsy wrote:Or a donation straight to the cause via http://www.justgiving.com/ddk10kfor10years
All the best,

Steve.
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Brian Burrows
DDK Newbie

Post by Brian Burrows »

left4dead wrote:Hello Brian, apologies as I'm on my hols so not checking in as regular as usual. The original figure/donation Paul was suggesting was £35 plus £5 postage, I believe. I donated £100 with a promise to pass the badge on to anyone unlucky enough not to have secured one and was willing to donate to the cause. If you'd still like the badge I have pasted the direct link below. As mentioned earlier if you pm me your postal address I'll pop it in the post.
Bootsy wrote:Or a donation straight to the cause via http://www.justgiving.com/ddk10kfor10years
All the best,

Steve.
Done! :)

And you have PM.

Regards,

Brian