Replacing the Junior clutch

A dedicated area for Porsche Tractor Chat

Moderator: hot66

butzsi
DDK rules my life!

Replacing the Junior clutch

Post by butzsi »

Very straightforward as bodywork already removed but could not get the engine and frame apart without the use of a blunted air chisel to vibrate the corroded surfaces free. The long extension shaft that goes between the gearbox and the flywheel came out too as it was stuck on the splines of the centre plate, no problem as it is easy to refit. I also found a lot of old hay! Not wishing to use the extension shaft as a mandrel for aligning the new centre plate because of it’s length and weight I turned one up in alloy – feel free to borrow if needed. Before it all goes back together I will remove, lubricate and adjust all of the clutch pedal/release fork/linkage to ensure smooth operation. The old centre plate was nearly on the rivets and the release bearing worn away almost to the metal so it was a good call to replace them.

Chris
Porsche - Diesel, the next most affordable Classic
Ian Gunney
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: Replacing the Junior clutch

Post by Ian Gunney »

Good to see progress Chris - the clutch plate and the release bearing were pretty tired on mine too (although I think yours may have been slightly worse). Mine didn't have any hay though!

Ian
1966 912 Karmann Coupe - polo red.
1972 914/6 GT replica - 2.7 - signal orange.
1961 Standard 217 Tractor.
2003 Boxster S.
1967 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT Veloce.

http://www.redcastleclassics.com