The black '71 targa

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

t-friend
DDK Newbie

The black '71 targa

Post by t-friend »

Hi DDK!

A few words on the main person: the car itself.

I was searching for a pre-74 targa and didn't find one, that i could afford - this sounds similar to you??
So it happened to me. I drove through the country and all the sellers were asking a lot of money for badly rusted cars. I came to the suggestion, that the car should come to me and not me driving through the whole country trying to find a car. That's how it happened: Nearly six years ago i was laying on the sofa with a bad hangover, a friend called me and told me about an carrera rs in a barn, that's for sale. I thought: OK no targa, but a little bit of fresh air would improve my physical constitution.

An this is how i found her:

A perverted mixture out of ip/carrera rs and somewhat else look.

The good: Nearly nothing but the price.
The bad: I felt sorry for her......

A few pictures along the way:

Blasting and removing parts of the body, color change from red to black (inside and outside), suspension rebuild including the brakes, refreshing the interior with st-style seats, rebuild motor on a 2.2 case with 88 pistons, modified zenith carbs, new valves on modified heads with 01-cams. quite freestyle but it's running very good even without twinplug.

And this is how i use it:

I wanted a car, that is made to be driven (sometimes driven very hard) and not a garage queen. I know myself too well: When it's too perfect, I tend to be too carefull....

Now, with less porsche content:

My '79 v-dub with 914 engine and gearbox (installed in the new car in '79) and the Audi 100 5-cylinder out of '81. I think i've told you about the pity thing.It is almost perfect - i couldn't pass it by.

That's it - have fun
See you at le mans classic 2012
Rainer
mrk
DDK rules my life!

Re: The black '71 targa

Post by mrk »

That is a super looking car. Fantastic!
Best

Matt

2015 Bowler Defender #50
BMW M3 Touring