More donations to Macmillan on behalf of DDK

Updates on DDK's fund raising activity

Moderator: Barry

Ferry Man
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

More donations to Macmillan on behalf of DDK

Post by Ferry Man »

Just a note to illustrate the continuing good work that's done by many DDK'ers in supporting our chosen charity: Macmillan.
Much happens quietly - and behind the scenes - but Barry does excellent work in collecting and forwarding funds to a very worthy cause.
A few members have given freely and over £200 has been donated recently.

I gave away my last few DDK keyrings and Jason (JB) as the recipient of one, kindly sent £25 for the cause. Very generous of him.
A few other anonymous cheques pushed that to over £100.
Steve Wright also sent funds (overpaying for a broken mirror I sent him) and increased the total higher.

And then Paul Brewster helped even more.
Paul was building a website and thought some of my photos might help illustrate things.
He agreed to make a donation for use of the images and so the charity benefitted from his generous pledge.
Take a look here if you should need a premium insurance service.
http://www.ellisdavid.com/classic/index.html

Thanks Paul, thanks Jason, Steve et al. Well done.
If you wish to make a donation kindly liaise with Barry and he can ensure the funds get to the right people.
Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
rafiki
DDK addict

Re: More donations to Macmillan on behalf of DDK

Post by rafiki »

I hope I'm not accused of hi-jacking this page - but I shall be raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support in March by crewing a 72' former BT RTW Clipper. This is a first for me (I'm not a sailor but a rally driver) so I shall be submitting to a cold, rough, exhausting and physically challenging time on a heaving yacht sailing from Portsmouth to Portsmouth via the Fastnet Rock - in March!

My fund raising page, and further details are on www.justgiving.com/fastnet-challenge.

My wife, Carolyn, is concentrating her fund raising on www.justgiving.com/912 raising funds on the 2012 Cape to Cape Tour in our 912.

All funds will go straight to Macmillan but, if agreed, can be added to the DDK total.

Regards

rafiki.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.