Crazy road trip!!!

A dedicated area for Porsche Tractor Chat

Moderator: hot66

vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Crazy road trip!!!

Post by vwgillybilly »

Well seeing as it's been 5 weeks since the last post on this forum I thought I'd try to kick some life back into it!

Before the summer I sold my 1957 VW Samba & bought a 1960 SO23 VW Westfalia & my girlfriend and I had a month-long road trip around Europe, taking in the usual places in Germany like Stuttgart, Wolfsburg & the Nurburgring etc etc!

Some crazy stuff happened like a full engine rebuld in Wolfsburg, a lap of the Nurburgring at the Oldtimer festival & seeing Schuey at the Merc Museum, but the most relevant for you lot is the Porsche Junior they were restoring at Autostadt!

Here are some pics, I'll add more over time.

The guy in the picture was 'proper sound' & let us into the workshop for a closer look when he saw me trying to take pics through the window! I explained I had a Porsche tractor at home & he actually gave me the original back lights off the tractor as they had ordered replacements (shame I'd just bought some)! They had tables full of spare parts and the o.g parts they had removed!

He took a dislike to my Wolfsburg shirt so he also gave me a badge for his team, Eintracht Braunschweig - Wolfsburg's local rivals!

I've also been busy with the tractor, I've sourced & started fitting correct Hella front & back lights, Hella front indicators, o.g style Bosch horn & o.g style Bosch horn switch, obtained the correct Bosch ignition switch & I've had the starter reconditioned (hopefully I should have that back today - more to follow).

Regards,

Gill.
1959 356A UK RHD AFN no. 400

1962 Porsche - Diesel Junior 109
Ian Gunney
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: Crazy road trip!!!

Post by Ian Gunney »

Excellent Gill

sounds like a great trip.

The junior looks nice doesn't it.

You obviously have a very understanding other half!

Ian
1966 912 Karmann Coupe - polo red.
1972 914/6 GT replica - 2.7 - signal orange.
1961 Standard 217 Tractor.
2003 Boxster S.
1967 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT Veloce.

http://www.redcastleclassics.com
vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Crazy road trip!!!

Post by vwgillybilly »

Cheers Ian!

Yes she's fairly easy going! To be fair though we spent about 6 days in total doing car stuff so it wasn't too intense!!!

The Junior was about as mint as you can get I reckon...

Here are some more pics.

Gill.

1959 356A UK RHD AFN no. 400

1962 Porsche - Diesel Junior 109