914 values

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

gallego
DDK Fanatic

914 values

Post by gallego »

Hello all.

Just trying to get an idea of values for 914 these days as the difference between eBay and the car mags seems disproportionate.

I have 76 2 litre in good condition, new ss bumpers, refurbed fuch alloys, 2 k spent on engine out overhaul, etc last year...

In my mind, the car is worth 7-8k but I keep on seeing 5 figure prices on 1.7 models (no disrespect to the 1.7). Are these garages making the money because if they are I will treat her to a Hermes orange leather interior (no laughing please - will keep originals in case a purest wants them in the future)?

Views?!

J
jonat127
DDK forever

Post by jonat127 »

Hi,
I don't claim to be an expert but my observations lead me to believe the dealers you mention are living in cloud cuckoo land. There have been some cars on Pistonheads at optimistic prices for quite some time. The fact that they are not selling says everything to me.
Also, if you look in the for sale secion on here you will see that Michael has his very good looking 6 conversion up for sale at £13k but that has not sold yet (I'm sure it will soon) so similar prices for a 1.7 don't seem realistic.
Jon
1970 914-6 conversion
1977 Stag one of the last made
Vauxhall Mokka - Wifes car and unexpectedly good!
VW T5 camper - custom day van conversion
gallego
DDK Fanatic

Post by gallego »

Totally agree Jon. I have watched 2 go on eBay for late 7k so trust that this is more realistic?!?
JB-L
DDK forever

Post by JB-L »

As ever, a car is worth what someone will pay for it. Dealers often put craaazy prices on stuff, doesn't mean they will ever achieve it.
I love the smell of burnt rubber and hydrocarbons in the morning, it smells of......victory.
Robster
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Robster »

just my opinion but I reckon (assuming not concourse but very good condition and mechanically sorted)..

1.7 =£4.5- £6k
2.0 (1973-1974) = £6 - £8k
2.0 (late US bumper) =£5-£7k
914-6 conversion Assuming done properly and depending on engine type fitted = £14 - £20k
genuine 914-6, goodness knows, I've seen everything from £20k upto £100k advertised, but no idea what they actually finally sold for!!
Porsche 914-6 (2.4E on Webers)
gallego
DDK Fanatic

Post by gallego »

Thanks - aligned to my expectations. Have just bought a 964 so was thinking of saying goodbye to the 914 until I drove it today!

I have to say that it brings a bigger smile to my face than my 335 coupe and a totally different smile to the 911...to sell or not to sell?!?