NOW SOLD - 356 Speedster Replica (Speedster Clinic)

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

the apprentice
DDK Newbie

NOW SOLD - 356 Speedster Replica (Speedster Clinic)

Post by the apprentice »

NOW SOLD

Speedster Clinic 356 speedster replica

1967 donor chassis – prepared by Gary Blundell @ Speedster Clinic - IRS converted and the front beam is adjustable with castor shims fitted

Chassis is completely renovated with all new fittings, brake lines, cables etc and fitted with an AT code 1303s gearbox and an additional intermediate gearbox mount (by One on One Restorations)

Brakes are 944 discs and calipers all round (front hubs professionally converted/machined by Lee Arnold at LA Performance) & supplied by an uprated 23/19 dual circuit master cylinder

Calipers were completely stripped, cleaned, painted and fitted with new Porsche seals, pins, clips etc

Correct handbrake conversion kit from Vdub Engineering in Canada

Wheels are re-chromed Porsche 912 rims supplied by Karmann Konnection - matching Porsche crested hubcaps

Brand new purpose built 12V loom

Brand new replica gauge set from Vintage Speedsters in the US

Interior is high grade black leather authentic vented bucket seats (carpet backed), leather covered door cards, door tops, dash top etc etc – professionally trimmed

Carpets are genuine grey German box weave

Brand new black ‘low-bow’ mohair hood (from the same trim shop)

Engine is a 1600 twin port from a 1303s which I bought solely for the engine – I have since fitted an alternator conversion kit, old breather/filler and a pair of twin 36 dellortos.

Custom built Turbo Thomas performance stainless steel exhaust and back box

Think that’s about it – the car has tax free status and is MOT’d (until May 2011)

It's only done about 800 miles in total, although the new clocks show less. The reason for selling is that I just don't get chance to use it - I've got a young family and work very close to home. The original plan was to fit a large motor (hence the running gear upgrades), but I've just never had time to make it happen.

At the moment, the boot lid trim and waistline trim isn’t fitted (just my preference) but I have all the bits. There’s a couple of little bits to finish off, but I can go through those if you are interested. The steering wheel shown is not included in the sale, but I've got a brand new mota lita woodrim wheel & polished boss to replace it.

Price-wise, I'm looking for £17,000 ONO

If you're interested, please give me a call on 07973 736216

Thanks for looking, Phil

Few more pics: