Macmillan Cancer Support

Updates on DDK's fund raising activity

Moderator: Barry

rafiki
DDK addict

Macmillan Cancer Support

Post by rafiki »

This thread seems to need a bit of cheering up as nothing sems to have happened since early last year!

Some of you may remember that my wife, Carolyn, and I raised funds for Macmillan on the 2007 Cape to Cape Tour in our '66 912. Well- we've done a couple more since then and have, in total, raised around £7000. We stil lhope to take part in next year's Tour, all of which takes place on the other side of the channel - Cap Penas (careful how you say that) in Spain to Cp Feret in France. (www.maccapers.co.uk has the details) Again we shall be standing in various supermarkets trying to raise funds (family and friends have done enough!).

Also, as a 'Macmillan Cancer Voice' I am being supported by Macmillan to write a 'book' describing how cancer sufferers and survivors manage with their lives after diagnosis. As classic rallier I shall start by concentrating on those sufferers and survivors who are. like me, classic Porsche enthusiasts as well as classic motorsport enthusiasts.

Therefore, should anyone out there in DDK-land be prepared to volunteer to be featured, please let me know - possibly by a pm in the first place as I have yet to set up a supporting website / email address. I am also interested in those who care for sufferers as they also need a mention as to how they cope with their lives whilst caring for a cancer sufferer. I know that's not easy, I have the easy option as a survivor, but Carolyn has the other side of the story!

Sorry to have taken so long - but if the interest is not there, I can go back to rallying the 912. (Anyone wish to become a navigator? Free training? Join me on the Cape to Cape should Carolyn not wish to accompany me again?)

Cheers

rafiki
Last edited by rafiki on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.
Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Barry »

Well done on all of your efforts.

Just to clear one thing up, I think the last post over here was actually May this year :wink: .

That's not to say nothing has been happening since then though (lamentable as my thread updating may be), as I've been sending off a small but steady stream of cheques to the Macmillan crew through the whole year, and indeed have a batch waiting to go at the moment.

I'd better have a top-up and update the thread I suppose. These days I don't feel that people have a need for a blow-by-blow approach, as I think Macmillan are so well established as the DDK charity. Put it another way, no-one asks me who we're supporting, they just say 'I've got another cheque for Macmillan', which I think is brilliant :) .

Best of luck with the book 8) .
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's