Anybody fancy an ALFASUD SPRINT

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

moriarty
DDK slapper chatter

Anybody fancy an ALFASUD SPRINT

Post by moriarty »

Hi
I need to make some space in my garage for another project so the alfa has to go, it's advertised on pistonheads classified if anyones intrested.
Cheers
Maurice
914-6 2.4T conversion + (RHD)
Audi A3 Sport Saloon
Renault Megane Touring 1.9dci
impmad2000
I need to get out more!

Post by impmad2000 »

Tim Bennett
RHD Targa 2.2T EFI, Triumph ITB's, EDIS and Megasquirt.
"Old enough to know what's right and young enough not to choose it"
moriarty
DDK slapper chatter

alfasud sprint

Post by moriarty »

Yes thats the one.
914-6 2.4T conversion + (RHD)
Audi A3 Sport Saloon
Renault Megane Touring 1.9dci
jwhillracer
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jwhillracer »

All the cognoscenti moving out of Alfa Romeos.................... :?

First Uncle Keith, now Moriarty.

Something we don't know? :shock:

JW
Life's a single timed run with no practice....
1970 914/6 2.4E/Webers
1970 VW Beetle project
1972 911 Hillclimber (now 3.5 litre on Management :shock: ) Part of the family for 39 years!
2006 Hymer Merc Starline 630
2000 T4 Van LPG
2000 Golf V5 Estate GT
Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Barry »

Very pretty!

I cut my teeth on Alfa's: my very first project was a base 1980 (W) Sud 5d that had rusted so badly that the strut towers had broken away and were stopping the bonnet from closing. The sort of thing I wouldn't bat an eyelid at now, but too much for me at the time (working outside, iffy welder and no money), and I ended up scrapping it (where I got my money back). Out of interest, it was barely eight years old :( .

The second one was a 140,000 mile Sud Green Cloverleaf Ti, '83 on a 'A', three door in silver. It was everything Alfas at the time weren't meant to be: reliable and rust free. Did me well for a year or so, and then I seem to remember that I doubled my money when I sold it (pure luck rather than judgement TBH).

Anyway, I look back very fondly on Alfas of the period, although a change to BM's shortly after meant that I've never returned.
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
KS

Post by KS »

Shame you're not in the south-east as I'm trying to track down a clean Sud Sprint for a studio photo shoot for a buyers' guide in Auto Italia mag!

As for JW, well, to be part of this exclusive 'now I own one, now I don't' club, you need to buy an Alfa. I know of a great GTV close to you. Cheap. Very...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0629782732
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Usiskin »

did that GTV go for £750!!!! lovely car that!
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

KS

Post by KS »

Mike Usiskin wrote:did that GTV go for £750!!!! lovely car that!
No, no bids! I'm relisting it this weekend for £950 with no reserve. It's gotta go as I don't have the space or £££ to keep it. Bargain for somebody, with all the vital work done – belts, bushes, wishbones etc etc.

Send me the £££ now and I won't list it… :)
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
boomy
DDK slapper chatter

Post by boomy »

I used to love my cloverleaf sud-sprint, however, I used to have to park it on a busy main road. One morning I was drinking coffee before work ( as I used to blast it from Bournemouth to Christchurch in the sprint everyday), was about to leave the house with the keys in my hand, only to hear the BIGGEST crash !! I ran out to find the sprint gone...well shifted, about 100 mtrs up the road ! Some idiot, half asleep, tuning in his radio had shunted my car ! :evil: :( it was a write-off, as the whole underneath had twisted - the straps under the fuel tank had snapped which was a bit of a clue - sold it for spares as a couple of the wings and engine etc were ok :wink: Gearbox was a pig though...

owned a few alfas :drunken:
Dreaming of driving a pre-A 356, actually commuting in a Cayman and for the weekend, a 911 'thing', with a Carrera 3 engine ( we think).
76 912E....gone
71 914 .....gone
66 912 ...sadly gone
...and lots of air cooled VWs and a few rusty, Italian tubs!
964RS

Post by 964RS »

KS wrote:Shame you're not in the south-east as I'm trying to track down a clean Sud Sprint for a studio photo shoot for a buyers' guide in Auto Italia mag!

As for JW, well, to be part of this exclusive 'now I own one, now I don't' club, you need to buy an Alfa. I know of a great GTV close to you. Cheap. Very...
Crikey I feel like getting it just so I can say I've owned an Alfa!!!

Never had one but surely can have a blast in this and not lose much come sale time?
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

KS

Post by KS »

964RS wrote:
KS wrote:Shame you're not in the south-east as I'm trying to track down a clean Sud Sprint for a studio photo shoot for a buyers' guide in Auto Italia mag!

Crikey I feel like getting it just so I can say I've owned an Alfa!!!

Never had one but surely can have a blast in this and not lose much come sale time?
Well Jason, you're signature seems to be telling you something… 8)
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
jwhillracer
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jwhillracer »

KS wrote:
No, no bids! I'm relisting it this weekend for £950 with no reserve. It's gotta go as I don't have the space or £££ to keep it.
Got to admire your proactive marketing technique - hasn't raised a bid, so stick the price up £200 - it was too cheap to be true! :albino:

JW
Life's a single timed run with no practice....
1970 914/6 2.4E/Webers
1970 VW Beetle project
1972 911 Hillclimber (now 3.5 litre on Management :shock: ) Part of the family for 39 years!
2006 Hymer Merc Starline 630
2000 T4 Van LPG
2000 Golf V5 Estate GT
KS

Post by KS »

jwhillracer wrote:
KS wrote:
No, no bids! I'm relisting it this weekend for £950 with no reserve. It's gotta go as I don't have the space or £££ to keep it.
Got to admire your proactive marketing technique - hasn't raised a bid, so stick the price up £200 - it was too cheap to be true! :albino:

JW
Cheek! The original was a starting price, with a reserve of £1100! :lol:
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by MikeB »

My dad had 2 Alfasuds

His first was a white Ti, it was the first Ti that the NI dealer, Malcolm Templeton brought into the country. Ofcourse within a year it had shown it's first signs of rust...in the middle of the door panel !! So he sold it to an architect, always a profession to put style over practicality :)

His second a few years later was the 1.5 Sprint, what a car, I got to give it a thrash back from the airport once, let's just say that it was a revelation when compared to my Mini 1000 :lol:

Great cars, and as they say all self-respecting motorheads have to own an Alfa at some time :wink:
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
964RS

Post by 964RS »

KS wrote:
jwhillracer wrote:
KS wrote:No, no bids! I'm relisting it this weekend for £950 with no reserve. It's gotta go as I don't have the space or £££ to keep it.

JW
Cheek! The original was a starting price, with a reserve of £1100! :lol:
I did think this too.

If it got no bids at 700 (irrespetive of reserve) why would it generate any at 900 ?

Bad time of year for selling cars ;)
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales