Dash lamps ?

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

sigi
DDK Newbie

Dash lamps ?

Post by sigi »

Hi there the gauges in my 69 912 are very dim as must of the lamps have gone homw do I remove them to change the lamps? :?
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

hi m8

if my memory serves me righ you can access them from under the bonnet you can leave all the gauges in just change the bulbs
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
FraserMurray

Post by FraserMurray »

You've probably done this already but if you turn the light switch (clockwise I think) the dials brighten, but as I say you've probably done that already!

F
Fraser Murray
1965 912

fraser@ddk-online.com
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

FraserMurray wrote:You've probably done this already but if you turn the light switch (clockwise I think) the dials brighten, but as I say you've probably done that already!

F
It's amazing how many people forget to do that though, I've been guilty of driving around in cars with dim gauge lights for year's before realising that they have a Rheostat connected to the light switch (that is what they're called isn't it?)
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
tanick
I luv DDK!

Post by tanick »

I changed all the bulbs for 2A osram ones as recommended on Palican Parts. Didn't make any difference, I still can't see anything.
tanick
I luv DDK!

Post by tanick »

Fraser, thanks. Out driving a couple of nights ago, remembered the comment about the light toggle switch being a dimmer too.

I have seen the light!! Changed my whole night time driving experience.
Thanks