Craigantlet - 911 Hillclimbing Debut

Chitter chatter about Porsche Motorsport -race meets, hillclims etc.

Moderator: Bootsy

MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Craigantlet - 911 Hillclimbing Debut

Post by MikeB »

Well after nearly 2 years of hard work and a lot of Porsche learing along the way, I finally got to do a hillclimb in a 911.

Craigantlet is the NI round of the British Hillclimb Championship and it's a hill I know well, so felt happy to make the first runs in anger here.

Nearly didn't make it as I detected a dud rear shock just a week before the event, but luckily Nick Moss came up with a set of green Billies and I was on my way, after the usual palaver of re-setting the rear T bars. :lol:

Never having done a full bore start in a 911 before, the first practice one was slightly fluffed, as I didn't use enough revs, but by 2nd Practice, I got it right and managed a sub 2.4 secs 64ft time, which I was pretty chuffed with, as the BHC Top 12 guys were only doing sub 2.1s in their F1 powered machinery :)

Needless to say each run was a learning adventure, getting used to the turn in on trailing throttle and the nice progressive power oversteer out of the turns. The car didn't miss a beat all day and drew lots of compliments from locals and visitors.

and in action exiting the final corner

Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

Well done on losing your virginity! Car looks great! :)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
sdelan
DDK forever

Post by sdelan »

Great Stuff Mike - a fantastic reward for all your hard work on the car !

Regards
Sean
1970 RHD Porsche 911T - Sold
1988 RHD Porsche 911 Carrera - Sold