Paint Code

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Greg
Married to the DDK

Paint Code

Post by Greg »

Hi again

I'm currently enjoying a very nice summer "cruise" in my 911S Targa with the soft rear window out and the top off in brilliant weather in Hokkaido. During a stop today so that she who must be obeyed could buy some nice organic veg for dinner tonight, we drove into a parking lot and - lo and behold - there was a superb 356C next to the only parking spot available.

I'll post some pics when I get home, as this was a very rare beast in my part of the world.

The owner came back while herself was shopping, and I discovered he was a P-car fanatic from doen in Osaka, on the mainland, who also owns a 1981 911SC and a Boxster S.

After a bit of mutual admiration of vehicles, he said his one query about his car was whether the red paint job was original (the car was a part trade for a 356SC he had owned since new).

The tag on the front door pillar was stamped 6407. I'm away from my Brett Robinson, etc., texts at the moment. But I have his mobile phone number, and he is likely to be coming to stay with us before he catches the ferry back to Osaka.

Can anyone help with a paint color to match that code please? Car was a 356C - I would think 1964?

Cheers
Greg
Greg Lund
67 911S Targa,soft rear window (Brunhilde)
91 C2 Coupe (Clementine)
01 Audi A4 2.4 Quattro
2001 Subaru Legacy twin turbo wagon (just sold)
Hokkaido Japan
and an '89 SAAB Aero Turbo in Oz (for trips home)
defianty
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by defianty »

According to this site 6407 is indeed Signal Red.

http://www.willhoitautorestoration.com/PaintChart.htm
Stephen

1973 914 3.0 GT Build Progress
1974 TR6

914 Rear Alignment Shims
Greg
Married to the DDK

Post by Greg »

Many thanks Stephen. I'll let him know. It did look pretty original to me.

Cheers
Greg
Greg Lund
67 911S Targa,soft rear window (Brunhilde)
91 C2 Coupe (Clementine)
01 Audi A4 2.4 Quattro
2001 Subaru Legacy twin turbo wagon (just sold)
Hokkaido Japan
and an '89 SAAB Aero Turbo in Oz (for trips home)