How to Repair Your Clock

An archive of any Porsche 911 technical threads

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

hot66

Re: How to Repair Your Clock

Post by hot66 »

The closk in my car hasn't worked in my ownership ever ... so wet & windy Sunday & I've taken mine apart ... unlike John's , it appears mine isn't working because the thermal fuse ( solder) has failed. Anyone know where to get some low temp 120deg solder ? Or is the solution to solder the fuse up with normal & put in an inline fuse ?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by MikeB »

James

Sorry I don't know the answer to the solder question

John

That is a superb piece on getting your clock going, I was luckier getting two of these clocks going, and it was relatively simple in that the two electric contacts in the electro rewind mech had corroded, I gave them a rub with some fine emery paper, pulled the contact that moves with the rewind mech back, the clock started ticking and a 12 v test supply made the mech reset as intended when the two contacts came together. So that would be my first test once you pull a clock apart.
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
jim_zzzz
DDK Fanatic

Post by jim_zzzz »

really impressive stuff!
PMNorris
DDK slapper chatter

Post by PMNorris »

The solenoid bit (to the right on the second photo) is missing on the clock that came with my car. Its otherwise complete and i've since bought a replacement, but it would be good to get them both going. Any source for these?
1970 2.2 911 T / Ex RS Clone, now more original looking, with 1979 3.2 SS engine
1988 3.2 Carrera Commemorative edition (sold)