How to Make a Donation

Updates on DDK's fund raising activity

Moderator: Barry

Barry
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

How to Make a Donation

Post by Barry »

I'm often asked how people should donate.

The procedure is as follows:

Make a cheque out for the required amount to 'Macmillan Cancer Support'.

If you'd like your donation to be Gift-Aid'ed, include your home address. Gift-Aid can be offered by U.K. Tax payers who have paid (I believe) more than the donation amount in tax that financial year. Gift Aid'ing adds at least 28% to the value of your donation.

P.M. me with the details of the donation, especially if it was as a result of help / parts from a fellow DDK'er, as I like to confirm to them receipt of the donation, and pass on thanks from Macmillan.

I'll then reply to the above P.M., and provide my address.

Once your donation has been received here, it's recorded (for DDK's records), and batched with any others that have come in. Any Gift-Aid forms (kept here) are completed, and the batch sent to my local Macmillan office. I confirm to the donor that the cheque has arrived here safe and well.

Macmillan than sent me a confirmation / thank-you for each batch of cheques.

The above method has worked very well for the last few years: I never come into contact with 'real' money, and nothing need touch my account. Macmillan save a substantial amount on admin as they don't have to send a letter to every donor. Finally we (DDK) have a record of each year's donations, and a running total of all of our donations since we started with Macmillan.
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
theo5042
DDK addict

donation

Post by theo5042 »

Hi
I have a donation to make ,as a result of some free tyres advertised on DDK.
As I understand it,I need to send the cheque to you ,to pass on to Mc Millan.
If thats the case ,please let me have an address so that I can post it off.

Kind regards
Theo van der Toorn
Barry

Post by Barry »

You have mail :)
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
cvh98
DDK Newbie

Re: How to Make a Donation

Post by cvh98 »

Hi there,

I also have a donation to make for some parts, and would appreciated an address where to send the cheque.

Many thanks,

Chris
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Easiest way is to make it through our just giving page

https://www.justgiving.com/ddk10kfor10years/

Many thanks
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Mark-356
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Mark-356 »

Evening

I have just donated £30.00 plus the gift aid. This was in return for Andy sending me a spare copy of a magazine I require. The topic is in general chat. (Porsche Classic issue 42)

Thank you

Mark
coomo
DDK forever

Post by coomo »

Barry wrote:I'm often asked how people should donate.

The procedure is as follows:

Make a cheque out for the required amount to 'Macmillan Cancer Support'.

If you'd like your donation to be Gift-Aid'ed, include your home address. Gift-Aid can be offered by U.K. Tax payers who have paid (I believe) more than the donation amount in tax that financial year. Gift Aid'ing adds at least 28% to the value of your donation.

P.M. me with the details of the donation, especially if it was as a result of help / parts from a fellow DDK'er, as I like to confirm to them receipt of the donation, and pass on thanks from Macmillan.

I'll then reply to the above P.M., and provide my address.

Once your donation has been received here, it's recorded (for DDK's records), and batched with any others that have come in. Any Gift-Aid forms (kept here) are completed, and the batch sent to my local Macmillan office. I confirm to the donor that the cheque has arrived here safe and well.

Macmillan than sent me a confirmation / thank-you for each batch of cheques.

The above method has worked very well for the last few years: I never come into contact with 'real' money, and nothing need touch my account. Macmillan save a substantial amount on admin as they don't have to send a letter to every donor. Finally we (DDK) have a record of each year's donations, and a running total of all of our donations since we started with Macmillan.
Hi Barry.I have a donation to Make for lend of MTs Rotiserrie.Please PM with details of where to send cheque .
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

The cheque method was in the days before Just Giving.

If you follow the link above it will take you to our page where it’s dead easy to donate and gift aid at the same time.

Thanks for the donation
coomo
DDK forever

Post by coomo »

Gary71 wrote:The cheque method was in the days before Just Giving.

If you follow the link above it will take you to our page where it’s dead easy to donate and gift aid at the same time.

Thanks for the donation Image
Thanks Gary.I should have seen the post dates! Anyway, suprisingly for me,I managed to donate without too much drama!
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Thanks - much appreciated as always
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk