Spotify – anyone else tried it?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

MdR

Re: Spotify – anyone else tried it?

Post by MdR »

KS wrote:you can't download any of the tracks
But if you needed a backup you could record system audio :wink:
Martin Rogers
+44 (0)7812 167547
'69 Ossi blue warmrod 3.0 911T
[sold & sorely missed]'67S '70 Targa T '75 914/4 x 2
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Mr Pharmacist wrote:
Roddavies wrote:Spotify is great. Also if you do sign up to the premium service and use it on your iphone, you can also download the tracks you want to you iphone library in itunes, so you don't have to be in a wireless zone.

How the hell is this legal?? :lol: the end of itunes is nigh............
Wow, i didnt know that! definitely worth a tenner a month then!

8)
ditto! I've used the free version for a while but need it on my iPhone and this makes me even more sure so!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Mr Pharmacist
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mr Pharmacist »

Bootsy wrote:
Mr Pharmacist wrote:
Roddavies wrote:Spotify is great. Also if you do sign up to the premium service and use it on your iphone, you can also download the tracks you want to you iphone library in itunes, so you don't have to be in a wireless zone.

How the hell is this legal?? :lol: the end of itunes is nigh............
Wow, i didnt know that! definitely worth a tenner a month then!

8)
ditto! I've used the free version for a while but need it on my iPhone and this makes me even more sure so!
Having played with this now, i dont think you can download the tracks onto your ipod. You can download the album details onto a playlist, so you dont have to search for them each time you open spotify, but once the wireless connection has gone, you cant access the app, so cant listen the songs.

Unless i'm doing something wrong, which is very possible!!
Stuart

1970 914 2056cc
1979 924 n/a - RIP
1986 924S
1969 912 Targa - sold
Roddavies
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Roddavies »

Mr Pharmacist wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
Mr Pharmacist wrote: Wow, i didnt know that! definitely worth a tenner a month then!

8)

Having played with this now, i dont think you can download the tracks onto your ipod. You can download the album details onto a playlist, so you dont have to search for them each time you open spotify, but once the wireless connection has gone, you cant access the app, so cant listen the songs.

Unless i'm doing something wrong, which is very possible!!
Select the playlist you want to keep and press the offline playlist button. It then syncs the playlist to your phone so you can listen without wifi.

:)
Mr Pharmacist
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mr Pharmacist »

Thanks Rod!!! 8)
Stuart

1970 914 2056cc
1979 924 n/a - RIP
1986 924S
1969 912 Targa - sold