A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
jwhillracer
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jwhillracer »

Have you seen the estimate for the DS decapotable? :shock:

Makes an RS look almost a bargain!

Cheers!

JW
Life's a single timed run with no practice....
1970 914/6 2.4E/Webers
1970 VW Beetle project
1972 911 Hillclimber 3.2 MFI. Part of the family for 30+ years!
2006 Hymer Merc Starline 630
2000 T4 Van LPG
2000 Golf V5 Estate GT (Greyhound Transport!)
veryporky
DDK forever

Post by veryporky »

And looks as if Marcus sold one a while back :?: :?:
Keith
decapman
DDK slapper chatter

Post by decapman »

yeah I did and now wish I hadnt.

I will be at the auction, it will be very interesting to see what the RHD decapotable goes for, the really big money has so far gone on LHD cars which is where the market is.
Marcus
1967 RHD 911S
1958 Fiat Abarth Zagato 750 Competition Corsa
1956 356a "die Ratte"
1972 Mercedes 280S
2014 BMW X3 2.0SE
1974 914 2.0
992 C2S
1955 Continental Cabriolet
1968 Citroen DS21
Tosh
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Tosh »

Odd. I was stuck behind a Swiss decapotable today. Stunning looking thing, but a wee bit slow!
left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by left4dead »

jwhillracer wrote:Have you seen the estimate for the DS decapotable? :shock:
I was about to say whatever you do please don't point out the decap estimate to Marcus as he's still a little sore at having sold his recently... :roll:

Doh! :lol:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

jwhillracer wrote:Have you seen the estimate for the DS decapotable? :shock:

Makes an RS look almost a bargain!

Cheers!

JW
holy pants...if i had £150k to spend it would not be on that! :shock:
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

fryardds
DDK above all

Post by fryardds »

Hi Guys,

Could someone going to the auction look at the six page report discussing the supposed re-shelling of the fake RS? I tried to get a copy of this report from Bonham's but was told it was only available at the auction site. Here is the email response from a Bonham representative.
There is a 6 page report carried our less than a year ago from Maxted-Page & Prill Limited detailing the re-shelling. It will be available to view along with the rest of the car’s documents on the view and sale day.
I am quite interested how a knowledgeable dealer like Maxed-Page, who has had numerous original RS cars for sale could call this 911T an 'RS'. Anyway thanks for your help with this. :)
Last edited by fryardds on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

'71 S Coupe 'Patrick'
'73 Carrera RS
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

so, taking outrageous liberties with supposition here...

...is that the 6 page report that lost the current owner his law-suite with the guy who sold it to him? It's so good that it's being used to:

a. justifiably justify the current claim of genuine-ness or
b. perpetuate a fraud

[delete as necessary]

Graham
Thax
DDK Newbie

Delecour

Post by Thax »

You guys know your stuff, can anyone shed any light on the RSR spec car mentioned ?

This Martini car has been driven by WRC star Francois Delecour for the last 3 years and won the Czech rally championship in 2003 and 2004.

The car seems to have some quality parts, a high spec full race 3l engine and has HTP papers of course.

I have seen the HTP papers before a couple of years ago and I am sure the vin was 911 360 then four more numbers which I cant remember.

Can anyone give me some history it certainly seems to have been raced by Robert Droogmans as well from what I found on the web.

Thanks.
fryardds
DDK above all

Post by fryardds »

There is a big difference between '350' and 360'. I am confident this is a built up ROW '73T to look like a '74 RSR. Call the auction company and verify it for peace of mind. :)
Brian

'71 S Coupe 'Patrick'
'73 Carrera RS
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

Could someone going to the auction look at the six page report discussing the supposed re-shelling of the fake RS? I tried to get a copy of this report from Bonham's but was told it was only available at the auction site. Here is the email response from a Bonham representative.
The car bid to £55K with very little interest. The owner was not a happy looking man when he walked past me on the way out.

I looked at the report which was written by Andy Prill and addressed to a solicitor and took the form of answers to various questions abot various aspects of the car. To paraphrase, it said the car was a genuine RS Touring, as the chassis stamping, although welded in, was "obviously" from the original shell, and no-one else in the car's past seems to have noticed that it had been reshelled. QED.

For instance: "Is the rear suspension correct for an RS?" "Yes, but the steel trailing arms have been changed to later aluminium items, which was a common mdoification at the time"
Last edited by Nick Moss on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
fryardds
DDK above all

Post by fryardds »

Hi Nick,

Thanks much for the follow up on the sale and the report. You confirmed the report is total garbage. Again, I am amazed that someone who has bought and sold so many genuine '73 Carreras would think the trunk VIN stamping is from a true RS. The suspension comment is absurd also.

Did you get a look at the engine serial # stamping? I have never seen a photo of this, but the previous owners have each said it is from a '73 RS. Thanks again Nick. :)
Brian

'71 S Coupe 'Patrick'
'73 Carrera RS
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

The car was locked so I didn't bother to look it over so I can't comment on the engine. It did look very nice overall, so I would have been happy to pay around £50K for a nice RS replica.
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

nick-moss wrote:... so I would have been happy to pay around £50K for a nice RS replica.
I note that Bonhams have just marked this car as 'sold for £60,900 inclusive of buyers premium'

Looks like someone has landed themselves a nice rep/recreation (albeit a top dollar one)
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

Someone mentioned to me on Monday that they thought the car had sold, I thought it hadn't, but it's very difficult to tell in a Bonhams auction. Good luck to the guy who did buy it!
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk