The day is approaching when i pick my car up

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

TheBaron
DDK slapper chatter

The day is approaching when i pick my car up

Post by TheBaron »

Hi All

It seems to have been an age, since i first bought my vintage racer, and popped it down to Roger Brays for some attention, 8mths later after a full nut and bolt restoration it is finally ready, it has been quite a journey.

I am due to pick her up hopefully this wednesday, although i wont have my engine back from Andy Prill for a a few weeks, Roger has very kindly lent me a spare engine.

I am hoping to go up to Silverstone Classic at the wkend in her, not sure if there is a DDK meet happening but would be great to meet up with a few of you again.

Here is a pic taken at the Porsche event the other week at Bleinheim Palace on Roger Brays stand

Will post again after my first drive which will be around 120miles

left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: The day is approaching when i pick my car up

Post by left4dead »

TheBaron wrote:I am due to pick her up hopefully this wednesday...
Bet you can't wait! :) Car looks amazing & hopefully worth the wait.

Very cool indeed! 8) 8) 8)

Oh, more photos please :P
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

And I love the way the dog looks like he's straining at the leash to get a closer look (and who can blame him!) :lol:
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Looks very nice indeed. Hope you enjoy the first ride!

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
964RS

Post by 964RS »

Wow when I saw that the other day I'd never have imagined in my wildest dreams that was the racer you bought!

Looks superb 8)

Please feel free to PM me the cost so I can feel better about how much I've been spending :lol: :wink:
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Nige

Post by Nige »

sexy
356boy
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 356boy »

looking very nice, any pics of the interior
TheBaron
DDK slapper chatter

Post by TheBaron »

Thanks for the comments, will send lots more pics later

964RS i really dont want to work out how much this has cost me so far, to scary. but i am glad i have done it, this i hope is a keeper that my children can enjoy when i have gone.

I do however intend to drive it everyday, so not sure how much will be left to give to them.
Kalvin
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Kalvin »

That looks stunning.

Assuming that your Marlborough is the one in Wiltshire, Will you be taking it to the Classic Vehicle Show at Newbury Racecourse on 9th August. The show raises money for Leukaemia research and could always use cars like yours.

I am going to take a trade pitch and hope to have the 356C that I recently restored available to display (alongside an Aston Martin DB4 and a VW camper van).

Of course, if any other DDK members want to meet up and show their cars, I know the West Berks Classic Vehicle Club would be delighted (and I will ensure that a brew is available on my pitch).

Entry forms can be downloaded at http://www.classicvehicles.org.uk/forms ... 202009.pdf
1963 356c (Sold it)
1957 356a (Sold it)
1991 944S2 (Sold it)
1992 944S2 Cabriolet (Sold it)
1982 628 BMW (Sold it quickly)
1977 450SLC Merc (selling it)
1990 944S2 (Just bought it)
speedsterboy
DDK addict

Post by speedsterboy »

WOW!!!!!
Mr Pharmacist
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mr Pharmacist »

beautiful car!!! 8)
Stuart

1970 914 2056cc
1979 924 n/a - RIP
1986 924S
1969 912 Targa - sold
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

Kalvin wrote:That looks stunning.

Assuming that your Marlborough is the one in Wiltshire, Will you be taking it to the Classic Vehicle Show at Newbury Racecourse on 9th August. The show raises money for Leukaemia research and could always use cars like yours.

I am going to take a trade pitch and hope to have the 356C that I recently restored available to display (alongside an Aston Martin DB4 and a VW camper van).

Of course, if any other DDK members want to meet up and show their cars, I know the West Berks Classic Vehicle Club would be delighted (and I will ensure that a brew is available on my pitch).

Entry forms can be downloaded at http://www.classicvehicles.org.uk/forms ... 202009.pdf
i'll add it to the events diary. do you want to start a thread in future events section ?
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Helen
Events Organiser

Re: The day is approaching when i pick my car up

Post by Helen »

TheBaron wrote:Hi All

It seems to have been an age, since i first bought my vintage racer, and popped it down to Roger Brays for some attention, 8mths later after a full nut and bolt restoration it is finally ready, it has been quite a journey.

I am due to pick her up hopefully this wednesday, although i wont have my engine back from Andy Prill for a a few weeks, Roger has very kindly lent me a spare engine.

I am hoping to go up to Silverstone Classic at the wkend in her, not sure if there is a DDK meet happening but would be great to meet up with a few of you again.

Here is a pic taken at the Porsche event the other week at Bleinheim Palace on Roger Brays stand

Will post again after my first drive which will be around 120miles

WOW. we had a good nosy around this car at Blenhiem. didn't realise it was yours, were you there too?
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
58A - 71E
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by 58A - 71E »

Stunning 8)

Unfortunately the wife thinks so too and has decided that at some point in the future we should do a similar outlaw :roll: :lol:
James

'58 356A 1600n
'71 911E 2,2

TheBaron
DDK slapper chatter

Post by TheBaron »

Hi Helen

Yes i was there with the family and dog, which you can just see straining on the lead in the picture above, he was not that impressed with the car but he loved his reflection in the paintwork.

I saw your white ex police car 356, I was hoping to catch up as i kept going back to your car.

I love the authenticity of this car, do you get to use it much?

Kalvin i will check the diary and see if i can make it as it is so close to were i live.

Speedsterboy did you ever sell that lovely speedster you had?

Stephen