Radar detectors & France

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

hot66

Radar detectors & France

Post by hot66 »

If you frequent VZI you'll have seen this thread.

I have a road angel in my 911 & I was already aware of the French laws regarding them, what I wasn't aware of was how strict their enforcement was :shock:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread ... genumber=1

I will have mine fitted for my UK leg of the Classic Lemans trip, jsut hope having it packed away in my luggage will be fine for the French part
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

Having read that thread, DO NOT TAKE IT.

Not worth the risk IMHO.
1970 911 3.6T
Luke
DDK rules my life!

Post by Luke »

Put it in the smugglers box James, no one will ever find it in there :wink: . I intend to smuggle a few kilo’s of unpasturised camembert back into the UK in mine :lol:
Porscheless but still aircooled
Rose
DDK above all

Post by Rose »

Where is the smugglers box? Have I got one in my 912?

Rose
Luke
DDK rules my life!

Post by Luke »

Rose, only smugglers use i, its like the compartment in the millenium falcon which han, chewy and Obi Wan hide in when they get tractor beamed into the death star.

Alternatively its in the front of the car under the carpet, the compartment with a lid that is behind the fuel tank
Porscheless but still aircooled
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Luke Hudson wrote:Put it in the smugglers box James, no one will ever find it in there :wink: . I intend to smuggle a few kilo’s of unpasturised camembert back into the UK in mine :lol:
:D

I don't suppose a convoy of classic porsches will attract any attention anyway ;) :D
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

The French Police are a funny lot they seam to make up the rules as they go along. My ex's Family are french so when it was the golden jubilee they hung out their Union Jack as they live in France. The police called in and told them they where not alowed to fly the Flag unless it had a french flag next to it. So he got a french flag they and did that. They then told them that the french flag had to be bigger than the English flag or they will be arrested..........for WHAT!!!! D*** Heads..... So there you have it good old EU.. :lol:

I now have a french flag covering my bin in the garden ...compost bin 8) arrr ze a aromor..... :lol: :lol:
gerald1-4-3-2
DDK addict

road angel malarchy

Post by gerald1-4-3-2 »

all that french / road angel malarchy put the $%it$ up me and i am not even planning on going to france in the near future and i dont even own a road angel. :shock: :shock:
CRYYKES!!!

i felt as though i was surfing perilously under a horrible wave of clostraphobia
warm in the winter, cool in the summer. stirred not shaken, always stylish.
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nick Moss »

If you are following me you won't need one, I am a very gentle driver. :twisted:
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk