Big up...kingstown shipping

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Kai
DDK Fanatic

Big up...kingstown shipping

Post by Kai »

Hi guys this is just to big up! Kings town shipping great aftercare service

I had my 911 76 slightly damage when waiting at the docks to come over from the states

Kings town shipping did great aftercare service to get compensation back from the the US shippers.

So just to let you know when things go slightly wrong they are willing to put the work in to make the corrections

kai
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

:thumbup: always good to hear about when thigs go right. and that theres still good guys out there.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
onion
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by onion »

i would like to say i agree. BUT, when i had my 356 shipped over it got damaged and they really weren´t a lot of help. i took out full insurance on the understanding that mine was one of 2 classic porsches in a 40 ft container. when we went to unload the container they had jammed 3 in there, with mine(the only one that wasn´t a project/basket case) up on a ramp. needless to say they had damaged it getting it up there. my then all whistles and bells insurance was invalid, as there should have only been 2 cars in the container. it was hard to even get the money out of kingstown for the insurance premium(7 months to get that) and nothing for the damage. so i think you were lucky Kai.
tim78
DDK slapper chatter

Post by tim78 »

You dont have a grey 356 do you Onion?
1968 912
1985 911 3.2
onion
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by onion »

Hi, no its Jade green. must be some one else.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

:? eek, Lazzas been trying to entice me to move to Houston by saying i can take my cars with me.

i really really don't fancy risking it.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
IanMcLeod
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanMcLeod »

Horrible place ...
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

Helen

If you want info on Houston Lucy lived there for a few years.... she loved it!
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
Bertroex
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by Bertroex »

Helen,

It is not a problem to take the old ones over! Proper insurance and proper packaging of the car before loading the container is not a problem especially if yours are pre-smog law specification. You might have to do something about the ride height, side marker lights (from '69 onwards IIRC) etc but these are small things and your 356 A will fly through it.

Isn't Jason (964RS) shipping his 2.0 S over?

Just imagine how many c o u n t l e s s Porsche fora there are within porsche club USA to discover!

;)

Bert
-1968 912 SWB Targa LHD
-1976 911 Carrera 3.o Targa RHD
-1983 944 190bhp (augment automotive enhanced) RHD
-1979 280SLC manual LHD, 1989 500SL, 1997 SL500, 1989 Jag XJ-s 3.6, old BMW’s
-Ex 1976 911 2.7 Targa, 1979 911 SC, 1983 930,1993 964 C4 Jubi etc
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

I've used Kingstown on 6 separate occasions to ship cars from the USA to the UK & have had excellent service from them ...
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Big up...kingstown shipping

Post by 964RS »

Kai wrote:Hi guys this is just to big up! Kings town shipping great aftercare service

I had my 911 76 slightly damage when waiting at the docks to come over from the states

Kings town shipping did great aftercare service to get compensation back from the the US shippers.

So just to let you know when things go slightly wrong they are willing to put the work in to make the corrections

kai

This the exact same scenario I had albeit it took a long time to resolve and I had to really keep pushing it.

Quite alarmed at how many peoples cars get damaged though....!
Kai
DDK Fanatic

Re: Big up...kingstown shipping

Post by Kai »

Yes you do have to be on the case..but they did deliver maybe 5months but I had to locate the part first which took about a month

964RS wrote:
Kai wrote:Hi guys this is just to big up! Kings town shipping great aftercare service

kai

This the exact same scenario I had albeit it took a long time to resolve and I had to really keep pushing it.

Quite alarmed at how many peoples cars get damaged though....!
Kai
DDK Fanatic

kingstowm

Post by Kai »

I feel your pain!
onion wrote:i would like to say i agree. BUT, when i had my 356 shipped over it got damaged and they really weren´t a lot of help. i took out full insurance on the understanding that mine was one of 2 classic porsches in a 40 ft container. when we went to unload the container they had jammed 3 in there, with mine(the only one that wasn´t a project/basket case) up on a ramp. needless to say they had damaged it getting it up there. my then all whistles and bells insurance was invalid, as there should have only been 2 cars in the container. it was hard to even get the money out of kingstown for the insurance premium(7 months to get that) and nothing for the damage. so i think you were lucky Kai.