DDK Camping Weekend

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

550spyder
DDK Fanatic

Post by 550spyder »

Hmmmmm....... If work doesn't get in the way (again) the Manning family may well be interested. Can anybody put a map up on this thread so I can see where this Pinewoods place is please?
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

550spyder wrote:Hmmmmm....... If work doesn't get in the way (again) the Manning family may well be interested. Can anybody put a map up on this thread so I can see where this Pinewoods place is please?
Wells Next the Sea is on the North Norfolk Coast - this is where Pinewoods is.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi? ... ale=500000
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Empi76
DDK Fanatic

Post by Empi76 »

crafti wrote:cubist, you seriously found a real one of these trailers? I've never seen one. In fact I thought real ones didn't exist. Let me know if you come across another :D
They are called Tear Drop Trailers you can build them yourself or ready made for around £1100 i think

http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t ... tear00.htm
550spyder
DDK Fanatic

Post by 550spyder »

Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!! The missus has just informed me that we're already booked that weekend. Sorry folks, have a great time without me! :cry:
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

anyone else up for some biscuit throwing :wink:
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
Deeping Lambrettas
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Deeping Lambrettas »

Final change of location chaps as the previous site at Pinewoods is reclaimed marsh and when we visited this weekend to check it out the tent field was a bog. All of the tents were close to standing in water!

So, we've found an even better site at Burnham Deepdale near Brancaster. Holkham and Brancaster beaches are both near-by and both are really nice. Holkham especially is fantastic and has featured in a number of films - most recently Shakespeare in Love. It has three miles of white sand, capable of containing even one of Miggs' launches!

The local village has an excellent pub (tried it out on Sunday evening) with it's own brewery on site. I can recommend the Brancaster Brewery IPA for a session.

The camp site has brand new, clean facilities - check out the website listed in the edited original thread at the top.

The whole place has such a great feel about it we've planned a dry run this weekend, weather permitting.

We'll need firm numbers a week before the camp to confirm our booking, so keep an eye on this thread for more info. Look forward to seeing as many of you in August as poss.

Cheers
Paul & Shirl
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Teepees... bloody Teepees!!!! How cool are they? XLNT site matey and they do latte, espresso and mochaccinos. Heaven 8)
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

i think i might go for a tipee anyone else would be a laugh in the evenings
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I want a TeePee - 8)

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
early_911
DDK forever

Post by early_911 »

I mentioned this trip to Brian from Blakeney Garage (on the coast road few miles East of Wells) who's just serviced my car and owns a 1968 911.

Said we might pop in and say hi (and refuel) . . . hinted at a cup of tea. He said he'd be up for a pint in the evening.

Phil
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

:wink: 8)
Deeping Lambrettas
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by Deeping Lambrettas »

Morning gang
I need too call this week and confirm numbers for the camp site. From the previous posts it looks like the following are maybes:
Bootsy
Miggs
Fraser
early_911
Cubist
Gonk Racing
Rose

Any more to add or delete? A quick note to confirm would be great.
Cheers
Paul
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

yep me and wife deffo :wink:
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Yep, me and wife and daughter and dog!

Won't be able to come until Sat pm as Rosie has to work though

cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Yes...
Last edited by cubist on Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked