weymouth

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

petric
DDK forever

weymouth

Post by petric »

hi does anyone live in weymouth dorset dt4 peter
73 911T coupe
King_Jut
Married to the DDK

Post by King_Jut »

Yeah, I do
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

hi king-jut may have it sorted i was trying to trace a reg no in your area and had got it down to a street with 31 houses i took a wild chance on a company in that st but but 2 phone nos were dead , kept fishing and found another no rang it and an answer , a wild guess do you own a car with the reg no ------ the lady said yes , does it mean anything to you! no , so i will await the call from her husband to see if he wants to sell it, thanks for your responce peter
73 911T coupe
King_Jut
Married to the DDK

Post by King_Jut »

Hey no problem, if you need any one to have a quick look over it, drop me a PM and ill see what I can do, it wont be a professional option but un-biased non the less.

Im presuming its a porsche your looking at? there are very few classics around here I know of, one white, 2-3 red and a black one.

J
Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

Hi, How do you trace a reg number to a street??? Did you have a name??
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

hi winston sorry for the late reply , i dont want to give to much away till i own the no, then i will tell the tale, looking good so far so fingers crossed it happens .
i will keep u posted when it happens peter
73 911T coupe
gulf908
Married to the DDK

Post by gulf908 »

Petric,
Seeing you are now the number plate 'expert' are you able to do some detective work on my UK delivered car's plate KUP 406 J .
The first date I have is 10/75 to a Corner of Neasham and I have some later owners names also.
Ferry man is looking for me as well.
Can you find out anything for me from the Durham end of town ?

TIA
Dennis.
1970 914-6 - from my 'Lotto' garage now a reality !
1971 911S 2.2 - UK delivered
1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed
One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

hi dennis ha ha no expert just wanted to see if the no was alive it is so now talking to owner we will await the out come
as regaurds your no are you trying to trace the owners in the uk before it was exported to aus, i have just done a hpi on your reg and no details are availible
for i think a fiver you can ask the dvla a past keeper record dont know if you have tryed that
when you say corner of neasham is that a owner ie mr corner of neasham (i think its a village near darlington) if so send me a bit more info and i will have a go peter
73 911T coupe
gulf908
Married to the DDK

Post by gulf908 »

Thanks Petric
Can you pm me your e mail and I will send scans of what Durham council have sent me.
I am trying to find out who the owners were between '71 and '75.
I only have limited info from DVLA unfortunately.

TIA
Dennis. :)
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

hi dennis i have sent u a pm i dont know if this has been recived by u but my direct e mail is peter@rpr626.com send me the info and i will have a look peter
73 911T coupe
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

hi dennis yes dennis your car was regested to niel corner a well known reg round here 1 FUP , corner is a big hitter in the old car world owns a factory and a citroen garage in croxdale about a mile from me
1973 was around the time he sold my cusin a 1972 e series 911 t which i believe was the first porsche he had then he may have got your car as in around 1976 he had an ice green 3.0 930 turbo
as a kid i can remember lots of exotic cars at his garage he raced everything from ferraris bugattis etc and also owned the famous ecurie ecosse bedford racing transporter with corner racing on the side
his collection now consistts of famous history cars cobras ferraris astons bugattis bentleys etc and recently sold a silver arrow and an auto union for somthing like 12m
his son nigel and willie green still racing the cars untill 4/5 years ago nigel was very badly injured at the goodwood revival in a ferrari when somone ran into the rear of him
i will speak to richard who looks after his cars to see if i can shead any light on the subject peter
73 911T coupe
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

dennis just been speaking to a frend of mine who was a local ford dealer and was really in to sports/classics and was frendly with niel he can remember the silver car after selling my cussin the 73t (which became my first porsche 6 years or so later at the age of 21) he ran it for about a year then the plate was on a range rover (which this shows on your sheet 19/5/75 and the funny thing its reg was kup 408j 2 didjits from yours he then got a 911 carrera 3 then the turbo
i will try and have a word with richard or call nigel to see if he will ask his dad i will keep digging peter
73 911T coupe
gulf908
Married to the DDK

Post by gulf908 »

Peter,

Many thanks for this excellent news.
I have had heard of Neil Corner via my ancient Motor Sports and his historic race cars.
I would like to make contact with him (e mail ? ) if possible to see if he remembers anything about my car.
Thanks again for the great news - as you can imagine its hard to find these things out by remote control !

THX
petric
DDK forever

Post by petric »

hi dennis nothing to report today have phoned to speak to nigel not called me back yet we will wait and see if not plan 2 thanks peter
73 911T coupe
gulf908
Married to the DDK

Post by gulf908 »

Peter,
Anything further on this pls ?
I will be shortly sending something to the other two known owners.

TIA