Brakes

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Brakes

Post by Miggs »

well my brakes are crap bled them loads now new pads discs re skimmed new brake pipe througout new flexis still crap any suggestions as i wouldnt be able to stop over 40 mph

:?
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
g3ngs
DDK slapper chatter

Post by g3ngs »

f me m8 you must be septic-

Ive had very similar problems for the 912 (67) for its MOT (resolved on Sunday and MOTed today)

To cut a long story short (which I hate to do but Jake now a 4 weeks old is going beserk)

Have you bled the inner and outer nipples at the rear.

If still no joy as in my case I located the problem to a buggered flexible brake hose, about £15 from Eurocarparts delivered the next day.

If I had no joy with that I would have gone hunting / replacing seals in the system as I would have guessed that pressure was being produced but not enough, nad as I was having no loeakage and the resevoir was behaving itself it would point to oil be pressurised and then seeping back past the seal, if you see what I mean.
964 C2 - with much love from AFN - Chris Turner - Tongala and JZ Machtech
2.2 911E - looking lovely
Mercedes E270cdi Elegance - 7 seats of fully optioned luxo-shed
BMW C1 - Why? Check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn9fZEar ... re=related
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

inner and outer??? now im confused :?
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
g3ngs
DDK slapper chatter

Post by g3ngs »

so was I.

On my 1st attempt I only bled 4 nipples, 2 front and 2 rear, and I was lucky if it stopped within a 1000yds

Took all the wheels off to rebleed them and looked behinf the rear calipers (facing into the g/box) and f me but they'd only gone an put 2 more nipples on the rears.

So bled them and stops lovely now
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

mine must be different as i only have four i think :?
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Yep you have two bleed nipples at the rear and the order that you bleed the system (according to my book) is right rear outer, right rear inner, left rear outer, left rear inner, left front and then right front. Have fun!
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

even on a 69 :?
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Hi Miggs as far as I'm aware yes it's the same on all 911's. But maybe someone knows differ.
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
Berny
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Berny »

Hi check to see if the niple is at the top if its at the bottom the calaper is on the wrong side! if the fluid is bleading through freely flexeys may be ok.
g3ngs
DDK slapper chatter

Post by g3ngs »

bjmullan wrote:Yep you have two bleed nipples at the rear and the order that you bleed the system (according to my book) is right rear outer, right rear inner, left rear outer, left rear inner, left front and then right front. Have fun!
unless your car is lhd (which all Porsches are, aren't they?)

as long as you start with the wheel furtherst away from the master cylinder and work your way closer to it
AirCooledExcellence
DDK Fanatic

Post by AirCooledExcellence »

Miggs,

Make sure the pads are a VERY tight fit in the caliper, there should be no gap visible between pad & disc.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Tim.
http://www.impactbumpers.com - Classic 911's and nothing else!
1984 911 Carrera - 3.6 Transplant
1987 911 Turbo - SOLD
1983 911 SC Targa - SOLD