Was door popping open_now thanks Nick Moss

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

willbrown
I luv DDK!

Was door popping open_now thanks Nick Moss

Post by willbrown »

Some of you may have seen that I've been having serious grief from my passenger door. I'd tried adjustments as well as installing a new stricker plate, with no joy.

Eventually I gave in and booked my car into Chelsea Carrera who had been recommended to me by several PCGB members. To cut a long story short they wanted to take £600 off me to do the job.

Being relatively new to the Porsche game and since my car was with them I agreed but then better sense took hold and I sent a quick e-mail to Nick Moss to get a second opinion. A quick phone call, a couple more e-mails and a lovely drive through East Sussex later and the job has been done (in an hour) faultlessly for £100.

Pleased to report, Nick, that I had no troble over very bumpy roads on the way back and was able to enjoy driving my car for the fisr time in months!

Thanks again.

Will
'72 2.4S Targa
Alan @ CanfordClassics
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

Congratulations !!
http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
FraserMurray

Post by FraserMurray »

Good news, there's nothing Nick can't do with his handy tube of superglue! :wink:
Fraser Murray
1965 912

fraser@ddk-online.com
gerald1-4-3-2
DDK addict

Re: Was door popping open_now thanks Nick Moss

Post by gerald1-4-3-2 »

willbrown wrote: Eventually I gave in and booked my car into Chelsea Carrera who had been recommended to me by several PCGB members. To cut a long story short they wanted to take £600 off me to do the job.
:?

WELL DONE

:shock: :shock: did you ever find out what they were going to spend the other 500 notes on. :?:
:idea:
cost of screw driver
cost of spanner
vat on above
bottle of bolinger
lighting
vat on above
wear and tear on spanner and screwdriver
loss of worktime enduced by toooo much of the ol bollie
compensation for stress caused by loss of worktime.
general mark-up, because.
oh i forgot labour..........good ol labour

pray tell :?: :?:
warm in the winter, cool in the summer. stirred not shaken, always stylish.
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nick Moss »

Will

Glad to hear it's fixed. Thanks for the Nuits St George, that will go down well with the Coq au Vin tonight.

Fraser, the only thing I can do with superglue is stick my fingers together. Isn't it what Scotsmen use to keep their wallets shut? :lol:
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
FraserMurray

Post by FraserMurray »

nick-moss wrote: Fraser, the only thing I can do with superglue is stick my fingers together. Isn't it what Scotsmen use to keep their wallets shut? :lol:

yeah - that was unfortunate, can't seem to fix it so all the drinks at VW Woodstock are on you guys! :D
Fraser Murray
1965 912

fraser@ddk-online.com
willbrown
I luv DDK!

Post by willbrown »

Gerald, am planning to have words with them, let it be known that I am not impressed at all with their service. Only just got back from a business trip last night and going away on hols tomorrow (driving to the South of France) so will try and do it today. I'll let you know what they say :wink:

Nick, hope you enjoyed the wine.

Catch you later.

Will
'72 2.4S Targa