picture hosting on this site

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

In order to help anybody having difficulties posting pictures on this site I thought a few notes may come in handy.

To display a picture in a post you need to use the Img button that you will see to the top right above the box you are typing your post text in. Once pressed this will create an [Img] piece of code. You then need to post the URL of the picture you want to post and then press the Img button again. Job done!

To get the URL of a picture you need to view the source. On a Mac this can be done by clicking and holding on the picture and opening it in a new window. Then simply copy the URL from your browser address bar and paste it into the message as detailed above. On a PC this can be done by right clicking and then clicking on 'Properties'. The URL will appear in the window that opens. Again copy this and paste it as above.

If you have pictures on your hard drive and wish to host them somewhere for posting then use a site such as www.muchos.co.uk or www.photobucket.com

Muchos allows you to upload 10 pictures and will even show you the URL with [IMG] tags either side to paste into your message (Use the 'Show Ubb codes' or Message board codes' link and select the second one down with [IMG] in it).

Photobucket is great and once you've signed up and uploaded a pic it even show the URl underneath it so you can copy and then paste it into your message using the [IMG] buttons as described above.

I hope this helps, but please, any problems send me a message and I'll do my best to help further.
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
steve wright
DDK rules my life!

loading photos onto DDK

Post by steve wright »

Boss,

being technically illiterate (hence owning a 1970 911) I'm having trouble loading any photos of my car onto the Forum. All the images i have are bigger than the maximum allowed by Muchos, etc.

Can you help - will anyone host the images for me in order to upload them onto DDK?

thx,
Steve
'53 356 Pre-A (a box of bits!)
'54 Okrasa/Porsche/VW special
'58 356A Super (GS-spec)
'65 Razoredge Ghia
'66 Westfalia Camper
'70 911S (2.3 ST Le-Mans spec engine)

http://www.pushrod.org

http://www.classicporschemag.co.uk
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: loading photos onto DDK

Post by Bootsy »

steve wright wrote:Boss,

being technically illiterate (hence owning a 1970 911) I'm having trouble loading any photos of my car onto the Forum. All the images i have are bigger than the maximum allowed by Muchos, etc.

Can you help - will anyone host the images for me in order to upload them onto DDK?

thx,
Steve
Try using Photobucket. It resizes the pics for you.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Gone in 60 seconds
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Gone in 60 seconds »

Steve
If you have a jpeg for instance that is too big to be loaded onto this site (I think from memory the limit is 256Kb) you need to reduce the quality of the image you have taken, which inline reduces the size.

That might sound onbvious - but two things to know, one you can do this when taking pictures if your using a digital camera by lowering the picture quality settings, it wont effect your perspective of the picture unless you are printing them off etc.

Alternately...

To lower the quality of a Jpeg you already have do the following;

1. Open the Jpeg
2. Right mouse click on the picture - scroll down to the "open with" tab a sub menu will open, double click "paint"
3. The picture will reopen now in the Paint edit suite,
4. Go to the "image" tab at the top of the menu bar and click, scroll down to "stretch/Skew" and click again.
5. It will open a sub menu showing you a percentage for each the horizontal and vertical planes.
6. Change the figures from 100% to a lower figure the lower the figure the smaller the image experiment but normally 50% by 50% is good, then click OK, the image will physically shrink.
7. I normally save with a different name so npt to effect my "master" copy of the picture. Once saved the image will reduce from say 1Mb to more around 128Kb well within the bounds to load to this site.

I use photobucket a free internet service. You just register and it creates a free online album. You browse tol the picture/s you want and it uploads them,

Good luck - pm me if you have any problems, I know its disappointing when you want to post pictures of your pride and joy and you cant!

Good luck James
73 911 RS(T) #0968
Chopperman
Married to the DDK

Re: picture hosting on this site

Post by Chopperman »

I know it must be easy to do but we have spent several frustrating hours trying to understand how to down load from photobucket

On photo bucket we can find the url code, share etc but we don`t know how to get it to tranfer onto ddk. We press tthe img buttonon ddk but we just get the img twice but surrounded by brackets.

My user name on photobucket is Runway69r

Please help the `Thicky` family
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

Copy the [img] link from photobucket and paste this into your DDK post without doing anything else. This should work!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Chopperman, once you have loaded your pictures onto photobucket, double click on the picture you want and it will look like this:

single click on the 'img' tag arrowed which copies it, and then paste it into your post on DDK, (Apple V on a Mac)

hth
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

In Photobucket click share on the image you want to use. This opens another window. Click 'Get link code' at the top of this window. There is a line that says:

IMG for bulletin boards & forums

Copy the line immediately below this, it has the IMG code embedded, do not use the URL option.

Paste directly into the DDK forum page , do not use the IMG tags.

Thats how I do it on a MAC, not sure if it is the same for a PC, but I think it works for either

Hope that helps and look forward to seeing the pictures :)
Chris
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

Mike wrote:Hi Chopperman, once you have loaded your pictures onto photobucket, double click on the picture you want and it will look like this:

single click on the 'img' tag arrowed which copies it, and then paste it into your post on DDK, (Apple V on a Mac)

hth

I'm doing it this way from now on.....much easier :oops: :)
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Chopperman
Married to the DDK

Post by Chopperman »

We are using Windows.

Below my photo in photobucket is share/delete/edit/move in a blue box. Below that are four boxes, the lower one` IMG code with` imghttp//110, clicked on it swore on it, curSed my boys.

Pressed the share button comes up with `post to website` or `send mail` or `get link code. Clicked `get the link code` and a load more of `stuff came up.

HELP
myatt1972
DDK rules my life!

Post by myatt1972 »

In that box on photobucket click on the "IMG code" and it should flash "copied", then on your post right click then click on "paste".
Job done :)
Keith...

73 911e sporto
73 914 2.0l
86 928s S2
85 Mazda Rx7 (TWR)
85 Mazda Rx7
The Bonser fork truck
Volvo V40 T4 (200bhp workhorse)
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

I don't know about Photobucket but in Flickr once you select the image you want to post on DDK, right click on it, select 'Properties' & copy the URL (in your case (http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s46 ... 1_0858.jpg).

Then in your DDK post, click on the 'Img' box above & you will get Image in your post - right click between these 2 tags & paste your URL.

It will now look like this:

Image - but without the * after the first Image
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Mike

Post by Mike »

Lightweight_911 wrote:Image
I see the 'new longer term project' is coming on quite well then Andy......
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Yeah - had a bit of a rethink on the spec ... :wink:
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Chopperman
Married to the DDK

Post by Chopperman »

:shock: Now how did you do that? Well done Thank you. I will try flickr.