Motorsport? Who does what

Chitter chatter about Porsche Motorsport -race meets, hillclims etc.

Moderator: Bootsy

hot66

Post by hot66 »

This is all great info 8)

Every time I meet up with M Birch he keeps telling me how much fun the historic rally / regularity are :) Now having read quite a bit about the Tour Brittania it does look like a laugh ( although I wouldn't be able to afford to do it for a couple of years ).

Anyone know how 'aggressive' the TB regularity is on cars?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Mick Cliff
I need to get out more!

Post by Mick Cliff »

Pretty much agressive, but generally tarmac rather then gravel, so minimal damage. There's an event passing close to you at the end of November - go and have a look and talk to the guys. See http://www.classicrally.org.uk/rott2007/index.html
Car 21 is my mate from the next village. And had a few DNF's (usually broken drive shafts on their Alfa). He and his navigator have won a couple of similar events. Generally the events of this size include lots of social activities through the event. I'm told the hardest part is the early morning stage with a hangover!!
Merc B Class diesel
Porsche-less
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: Who does what

Post by 23e Heure »

defender47 wrote:Hi,
I guess some of you guys know that I race my 1970 911E in the HSCC
70's Roadsports series.
The cameraderie and friendship is superb and I can guarantee that you
would be made to feel very welcome by all competitors.
The paddock is great after the race - the drivers take at least an hour to come down
off their race buzz.

James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
TheMonkey
DDK Seasoned Poster

Racing

Post by TheMonkey »

"ONLY TEN SECONDS OFF THE PACE THIS TIME!!!!!!"

(sorry Dad)

Greetings from Melbourne everyone!

Just in case you were thinking of a DDK trip...how about London to Melbourne...ahem. Yup, I have seen three early 911's since I've been here. (Three weeks today) All have been MINT 2.4's. 2xE's and a T. There is a gorgeous black 356 cab driving around my new manor (South Yarra) as well as a 914 for sale not too far from here.
But its the big V8's which are making me smile every time they rumble past!

The roads here are sublime. I went camping a week ago to the source of the Yarra River and after you leave the suburbs on the Eastern Freeway, there is virtually no traffic on this seemingly endless ribbon of pristine tarmac snaking its way into the Yarra Ranges. I swear we didn't see an oncoming car for at least forty minutes at one point. Bliss!!!
The fact I was in a Toyota Camry is neither here nor there.

Anyhoo, ta ta!!!

Monkey.

:bigsmurf: