Weber 40 idf's

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Weber 40 idf's

Post by Timo »

OK after 3 days of painstaking rebuild of my carbs I put them back on the car and started it up, it was running a bit lumpy, I felt around the carbs for leaks and a peice of aluminium from the carb body (around a fixing screw) fell off in my hand! Having looked around all off the fixing screws there are cracks around most of them! So now I am looking for a mint pair of Weber 40 idf's as a direct replacement. They must be new or nearly new, and in perfect condition as I do not want to take the risk with another set of damaged old carbs. Let me know if anyone has anything suitable. Cash waiting or could possibly trade for fuchs

Cheers

Tim
Bob_Salmon
DDK forever

Post by Bob_Salmon »

Just a thought but what did you torque the fixing bolts too? Sounds as though they may have been over tightened, possibly in the past, but that is what I would suspect has happened.

No help now, but worth bearing in mind when you fit replacements.

Bob
Rust - what holds the holes together......

Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Timo »

I was thinking the same thing but I'm pretty sure it wasn't caused by me. If I'd done them up any less tight I don't think they would have sealed properly. Either that or the castings have fatigued over time due to many expansions and contractions? I did them up by hand with a small screwdriver I didn't use an exact torque setting, maybe I should have.