914. To sell or not to sell, that is the question.*SOLD*

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

kingfu
DDK Seasoned Poster

914. To sell or not to sell, that is the question.*SOLD*

Post by kingfu »

The last time I thought about selling this car I was bombarded with ridiculous questions from people who obviously knew nothing about the vehicle and either did not have the money or any intention of buying it. The whole experience totally put me off the idea of ever selling the car, but now I have many large bills coming through the door, not least of which is a £2000 bombshell to keep my daily run-around car on the road. As much as I adore driving the 914 it does not get the use that I would like. 2000 miles in the past 5 years equates to a luxury that I am not sure that I can afford to keep any longer.
I love the community spirit which surrounds these cars, and I know that I will never recover the thousands of pounds spent over the years on keeping it in good shape, so i have a serious decision to make;
TO SELL OR NOT TO SELL?

If there is anybody local who is seriously interested, they are welcome to come and view near Colchester, Essex (and try to persuade me to let it go by waving large sums of cash in my face). Although the MOT has expired I have never had any problems putting it through, and would be happy to give it another 12 months if there is serious interest.
kingfu
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by kingfu »

A few more details for interested parties:

It is a 1974 2.0 litre imported from cali in around 1993.
It has had the floorpan replaced in the past 5 years and has been garaged and covered only 2500 since.
It has many extras: Fusch alloys, rear reflector strip, porsche side skirts.
It has recently been resprayed as the paint was looking tired.
There is a pile of receipts.
I have decided to MOT the car and it is booked in for next week so I SHALL be selling with a new MOT and tax.
I have been unable to upload pics but some can be seen on this thread: http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewto ... 260#116260

as for price - I am still unsure what it is worth. Anybody local, please come and view to give me an idea of value!
kingfu
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by kingfu »

As of 13 Aug, the car has 1 year Tax and MOT.
I will take further pictures as soon as the weather allows.
I have been advised to sell for £4250 ono.

If there are any questions or anybody would like to view, please reply here.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Once you get some more shots send them to me as I could be interested. Thanks
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
negawsklov
DDK above all

Post by negawsklov »

posted pics for a fellow fourteener :)
Good luck with the sale :)
1973 2.0 914s
1966 bug - 2165cc John Maher Racing