1965 RHD 912 project *SOLD*

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

ian c
DDK Fanatic

1965 RHD 912 project *SOLD*

Post by ian c »

bought a couple of months ago , and change of circumstances mean its for sale :(
all ive done with car since i bought it(apart from pay rent for storage) from max at revival cars is buy the full glass set , new genuine baterry cover , and new genuine bonnet badge

will post pics later , and will be putting it on ebay .
ian c
DDK Fanatic

Post by ian c »

now on ebay , pics will be added later

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

ian c wrote:now on ebay , pics will be added later

That's a Fender Guitar!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
ian c
DDK Fanatic

Post by ian c »

DOHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!

WELL ........ if anyone gives me £4200.00 for the fender , they get the porsche free !!! :)

912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

I remember this one, I think I have seen it also I forget now
ian c
DDK Fanatic

sold

Post by ian c »

sold
pae
DDK Fanatic

Post by pae »

Bootsy wrote:
ian c wrote:now on ebay , pics will be added later

That's a Fender Guitar!
Well he did say it was a project! I reckon even Barry would struggle to turn that into a 912.

Phil
'79 Honda CB650 project
T W M C
"It takes a lot of practice to sound like yourself" Miles Davis
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

look I have seen the car and looked at it..

It is a rot box. But !!!!! BUT on the same token it is saveable but it will take a real Porsche 912 fan to do it. Because it is !! one of the very first RHD supplied cars to the UK.

What I can say is I broke up a RHD 912 some time back about 4 years ago and i knew when I broke it the car would come back to hornt me and it has ... it was the 2nd registered 911/912 in 1965 of the 901 shape..

But at the time.. the rust in the car was very extream. but with time and skill it could be done..

I have always said with cars like this.. you almost have to have them for free inorder to restore them to the standard they need to be.....

I do think there will be a buyer for it.. I do think long term the car is worth saving and it will take alot of money and a dedicated person to do it..As it has been welded before for MOT standard but it needs to be done right and cut out shot blasted and redone. It could be a £20k car when done right..

Good luck with the sale.. in another 5 years I think a car on offer like this will get snapped up.. it's the very nature of classic cars , supply and demand..
ian c
DDK Fanatic

Post by ian c »

good luck with the sale ???????????????

seems you missed thre post saying i sold it :)
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

912uk wrote:look I have seen the car and looked at it..

It is a rot box. But !!!!! BUT on the same token it is saveable but it will take a real Porsche 912 fan to do it. Because it is !! one of the very first RHD supplied cars to the UK.

What I can say is I broke up a RHD 912 some time back about 4 years ago and i knew when I broke it the car would come back to hornt me and it has ... it was the 2nd registered 911/912 in 1965 of the 901 shape..

But at the time.. the rust in the car was very extream. but with time and skill it could be done..

I have always said with cars like this.. you almost have to have them for free inorder to restore them to the standard they need to be.....

I do think there will be a buyer for it.. I do think long term the car is worth saving and it will take alot of money and a dedicated person to do it..As it has been welded before for MOT standard but it needs to be done right and cut out shot blasted and redone. It could be a £20k car when done right..

Good luck with the sale.. in another 5 years I think a car on offer like this will get snapped up.. it's the very nature of classic cars , supply and demand..
aint that the car i had off of your m8 mark
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS