914 Noobie

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

charlieabbottuk
DDK Newbie

914 Noobie

Post by charlieabbottuk »

Just got a 1975 LHD 2.0L 914 in yellow.
Needs a bit of tlc before I dare let the MOT man near it but it is not bad for it's age.

Does anyone have any advice on where to get more info and parts aside from here as I need a few bits and pieces. Have sourced the odd bit from eBay and have been looking on the Samba as well as Pelican parts.

Also the drivers door has been replaced but does not fit flush and there is a gap that I can get my fingers in at the bottom. Does this mean the door is bent or just needs adjusting?

I'd also like to paint the car in it's original colour so do you know of any register that matches the chasis code.

Thanks.
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

we've got loads of 914 bits and pieces in our hoard, loads of trim, petrol tanks, targa top, heater vents and god knows what else, either let me know or PM Jonathan directly as he keeps the stuff at his house.
fourteener
DDK rules my life!

Post by fourteener »

Welcome Charlie, This forum is an excellent source of advice, but try 914world.com
also.
Why not post a list of parts you need as most of the members here have a good stash of parts.
Do you have a picture of the door? (If you have any trouble with pics then email the pics to me)

I think we'll need to see a picture of the car too 8)
fourteener
DDK rules my life!

Post by fourteener »

Oh forgot about the paint -this site is helpful for paint codes and the paint code should be stamped on a plate by the passenger A pillar just by the door strap.
charlieabbottuk
DDK Newbie

Thanks for all the advice. This is my first foray into the world of Porche ownership, always been a diehard aircooled VW fan. Swapped this for a Trekker.

Need to free off the brakes as they are binding at the moment and I can't move it by myself.

This is how it came:

Will try to get a better pic of the door tonight.

Need:

Exhaust
Driver's seat
Steering Wheel
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Clear front lens
Different wheels - anyone want some 5 lug cookie cutters?
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

well can't help you on any of those items :lol:

Looks a good starting point for a nice 914
charlieabbottuk
DDK Newbie

Door is totally warped so on the lookout for another.
Fitted a new battery today and it started up first turn of the key. Bit loud as the back box is virtually non existent but after a few minutes it was ticking over quite well.
Going to ditch the injection system and fit some weber 44's with maybe a racy cam. Cookie cutters are going and going to fit some Fuchs or something a bit rarer.
Going for the outlaw look I think.
fourteener
DDK rules my life!

Post by fourteener »

Who says cookies don't look good on a 914?