Chesil Speedster for sale - NOW SOLD

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

just reduced the price by £1000
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

some new photo's in the sun :)

Plenty more if anybody wants!
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

provisionally sold! :(
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

Got your eye on anything to replace it? :)
Last edited by Derek on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1970 911 3.6T
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

abzadams wrote:provisionally sold! :(
hope it all goes through - now the fun begins searching for the next car!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/190024.htm

Got to be worth a haggle on price?
1970 911 3.6T
abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

cheers Bootsy! He has not seen the car! We've talked cash etc and then said he will have it and will fly up and bring a Bankers Draft this week then drive it away :roll:

Derek, must admit been talking to a few people about a possible replacement. Just going to take my time to make sure I get the right one.

If anybody knows of any 911's coming up for sale soon please PM me
Last edited by abzadams on Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Derek wrote:http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/190024.htm

Got to be worth a haggle on price?
Barry's old car and very nice it is to!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

I am down for an interview for a new job in Hertfordshire next week, the Car is located in Ipswich so I might go and have a look. I have already rented a car so it might be rude not too.
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

I'd recommend that you talk to Barry about the car first.
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
GP911
Married to the DDK

Post by GP911 »

Hi Rich,
Hope all goes well with the sale, if you have a little time to spare "Google" Bank Draft Scam where there is some good advice.

A Bankers Draft has always been a guarantee of payment as it is a cheque, written by the bank from their personal account. It was always advisable if selling an expensive item privately (e.g. a car etc.), to request a Bankers Draft instead of a personal cheque or cash.
It has come to the notice of Northumbria Police that a bankers draft has been intercepted (probably in the post) and counterfeited.
Current thinking suggest these bankers drafts are sent abroad in batches, possibly to an African country where they are treated to remove all traces of the genuine payee details and amount. The counterfeits generated from the original are then returned to this country.
3.2 Carrera.
abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

GP911 wrote:Hi Rich,
Hope all goes well with the sale, if you have a little time to spare "Google" Bank Draft Scam where there is some good advice.

A Bankers Draft has always been a guarantee of payment as it is a cheque, written by the bank from their personal account. It was always advisable if selling an expensive item privately (e.g. a car etc.), to request a Bankers Draft instead of a personal cheque or cash.
It has come to the notice of Northumbria Police that a bankers draft has been intercepted (probably in the post) and counterfeited.
Current thinking suggest these bankers drafts are sent abroad in batches, possibly to an African country where they are treated to remove all traces of the genuine payee details and amount. The counterfeits generated from the original are then returned to this country.
Thanks Gwyn, will look now!
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

abzadams wrote:
GP911 wrote:Hi Rich,

Thanks Gwyn, will look now!
when i bought my 964 the chap refused to except a bankers draft so i did a bank transfer into his account. and its a free service :P
Mike Usiskin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Mike Usiskin »

hi rich,

I didn't use a bankers draft on the advice of my bank, they recomended electronic transfer though it still takes 3 days.
hey rich you can get a proper car in time for Silverstone, nothing like some track time to fnd any gremlins lurking :lol: :lol:

mike
former owner, still hoping to be reunited with my STOLEN 1972 911T/E 2.4 . Keep looking guys

No Hydrocarbons were hurt in the sending of this mail. Thanks

abzadams
DDK rules my life!

Post by abzadams »

This is all getting me worried now! :shock:
Can anyone recommend the best course of action here. The guy is flying up from Birmingham, to look at the car with a bankers draft for the pre discussed amount. In his words if it drives well then he will buy it and drive it back some 400 miles. The problem I have is that due to the location of the car if I ask for a transfer (which mike says will take 3 days) then he will have to fly back up to collect the car once the funds are cleared.
How about I get him to bring his passport and another piece of identification? Obviously he will have to fill in the V5 before he leaves with the car and I could get him to come to the bank with me to deposit the draft?
Rich

Sepia 72 2.5T/E (gone)
2004 996 Turbo