Touch up paint

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

Jez 356
Married to the DDK

Touch up paint

Post by Jez 356 »

I can not believe it

I was just showing my 3 year old how to park the 356 in the garage.

She was sat on my lap and holding the steering wheel now that PRS has sorted the missing bush (so the steering is very light now) and I think I over swung the wheel to straighten up and brushed the tea crate in the corner of the garage (tea crate = wooden box with metal edges.....) and have now found that I have taken some paint off the wheel arch.

Anyone know how I can get some touch up for a classic silver 356A - It seems to be the standard shade of silver for a 56 car.........???

Any help appreciated.
Jez
1956 356A
www.356registry.org/Members/Mardle/index.html to see my car but the pics needs updating.
High mileage workhorse 02 Chrysler PT Cruiser CRD
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

yes go to a local paint ( car body shop paint supplier for the trade not halfords dear god not halfords in any way!! :? ) suppliers and ask for a touch up they should come out with the colour cards you sit there and work out which is the best match.. a good one will then add or change the mix by eye to suit your car.. £10-£15 for a 500ml tin of it..you will have to ask for some hardener.. make sure you ask for this..
Rustbucket
DDK forever

Post by Rustbucket »

Try and take a swatch down to a local paint factors , get them to make up a touch up paint for a paint brush........
lightly paint it over the scratch and build up the paint in layers, a new layer once dry.
once the paint is dry and proud of the original paint,get out your 1500 grit wet and dry and gently sand it back flush with lots of soapy water.
You should be able to polish it back to shiny shiny :alien:
Contact me if you have any 356b coupe parts !!!!
Jez 356
Married to the DDK

Cheers guys

Post by Jez 356 »

Cheers guys

Thanks for the advice

All the best
Jez
1956 356A
www.356registry.org/Members/Mardle/index.html to see my car but the pics needs updating.
High mileage workhorse 02 Chrysler PT Cruiser CRD