shot blasting

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

lewis
DDK above all

shot blasting

Post by lewis »

just collected my wings doors bumpers ect. from being shot blasted, all nice and clean with a coating of bondaprima. should give me a push now to finish stripping the rest of the paint. Anyone in this area who wants any blasting done the mans name is Martin and works out of a small workshop in Pirton Beds just up the road from Luton Tel 01462814244 can highly recomend him and his prices are very reasonable, about £15-£20per pannel.
68 912
vaughan
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by vaughan »

forgive my ignorance Lewis ......
what's bondaprima ?
I presume some form of sealant ?

vaughan
lewis
DDK above all

Post by lewis »

Bonda Rust Primer is a resin based zinc rich anti rust coating, it forms a tough skin with a bonded in anti rust system it has an exelent adhesion to most metals and leaves a primed surface ready to paint. you can spray it over light rust and it suposedly kills it. I have always used it and have had no trouble with rust comming through the finised paint. I normally bonda prime then do any filling, and then paint as normal ie high build then finish. Works out about the same as etch primer.
68 912
vaughan
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by vaughan »

i was looking at a bare metal respray ( when i save up my pennies )
but i wanted some form of treatment on the steel to give it some chance against rust

does it last long ?

vaughan
lewis
DDK above all

Post by lewis »

seems to, I used it on my previous car, not a porsche though, triumph stag, kept it 8 years and no rust.
:D :D
68 912
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

8)
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS