1965 912 The oldest ? early sills remade

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

912jeff
DDK Seasoned Poster

1965 912 The oldest ? early sills remade

Post by 912jeff »

1965 912 rhd 5 dial dash model chassis number 351055, Does anyone know of an older rhd 912.
Last edited by 912jeff on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
el torro
DDK addict

old 912

Post by el torro »

beats mine ,454226 1966?
old cars do my head&bank balance in but i never learn
pmjt
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by pmjt »

A friend also has a very early '65 RHD - I don't know the chassis number off hand - I'll get him to check

P
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

:roll: I dear I need to get out more...

hi i'm new to the list, we have in the workshop a very rusty 1965 912 rhd 5 dial dash model chassis number 351015, Does anyone know of an older rhd 912. Our plan is to restore the car.

Is it Blue By any chance..

if so it was my old one..

As they were all 3 dial and mine had 5 eg two extra holes for the clocks...

I have pic's on my home computer when it was complete.. it is a C reg but the shell is ...boyo well gone like a 3 year body resto job... well gone.. hence I parted it out...sorry I used all the bits..:cry: you should have just the very basic rolling shell. What I can say to ease your mind is that the engine and box were not the orginal ones I sold the box to Nick Moss and it was a nice 5 speed box. I currently am running the engine in my 69 car ( the same engine I shot down to Classic Le Mans in ) it was abit of abitza car with fibre Glass front bumper ( rs) and rear ( rs ) fiber glass bumper..

I knew at the time I would regreat it but economic's it really was knackered..

when I get back from Oz will post pic's

Mark

if not blue then is it red as I knew of a real rusty red one..
Alan @ CanfordClassics

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

I have 351111 - registered in the UK November 16th 1965.

Alan
http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
912jeff
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by 912jeff »

The car was originally light ivory, but it has been red
Der Fudgemeister
DDK addict

Hope i own a '356D' before i die

Post by Der Fudgemeister »

WOW!

I simply LURVE :love7: these 1965 MY 912's. What with a painted dash, rubber floormats, old school Blaupunkt AM / FM Radio and 3 gauges, BRILLIANT.
Who the hell needs bl**dy Sat-Nav, Multi stack CD player or MP3, air con, 'lekky windows, ABS or air bags. The mere thought of the experience of driving such a 'raw' car just makes me :) Big Style!!

I want a '356D' NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
..............in either Togo Brown or Beige to match my 912E Fudgester.
T'is better to drive a Slow car fast than a Fast car S L O W L Y

Rick 'Fudgemeister' H & 912E #576, Fudge!

1993 Renault 5 Campus - 2 of 'em!!
1975 912E - Gone to MALTA
1974 SANYO BRIEFCASE MUSIC CENTRE
1967 DYNATRON COPENHAGEN RADIOGRAM
revival-cars
DDK forever

Post by revival-cars »

The 356D is my favourite too - IMHO you just cant beat the simplicity and delicate lines of the early SWB cars. They rule ! :headbang:
Evil J Guano
DDK forever

Post by Evil J Guano »

Amen to that!
Gavin Joule
Miggs
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Miggs »

912uk wrote::roll: I dear I need to get out more...

hi i'm new to the list, we have in the workshop a very rusty 1965 912 rhd 5 dial dash model chassis number 351015, Does anyone know of an older rhd 912. Our plan is to restore the car.

Is it Blue By any chance..

if so it was my old one..

As they were all 3 dial and mine had 5 eg two extra holes for the clocks...

I have pic's on my home computer when it was complete.. it is a C reg but the shell is ...boyo well gone like a 3 year body resto job... well gone.. hence I parted it out...sorry I used all the bits..:cry: you should have just the very basic rolling shell. What I can say to ease your mind is that the engine and box were not the orginal ones I sold the box to Nick Moss and it was a nice 5 speed box. I currently am running the engine in my 69 car ( the same engine I shot down to Classic Le Mans in ) it was abit of abitza car with fibre Glass front bumper ( rs) and rear ( rs ) fiber glass bumper..

I knew at the time I would regreat it but economic's it really was knackered..

when I get back from Oz will post pic's

Mark

if not blue then is it red as I knew of a real rusty red one..
dont forget mark i had that 12 off of you and sold it to a bloke in germany in my memory is working :lol:
COMPUTER GAMES DONT AFFECT KIDS,I MEAN IF PACMAN AFFECTED MY GENERATION AS KIDS, WE WOULD HAVE ALL BE RUNNING AROUND IN THE DARK LISTENING TO REPETITIVE MUSIC MUNCHING PILLS
912jeff
DDK Seasoned Poster

car details

Post by 912jeff »

Hi here are some more details on the car, . Its chassis number is 351055 and its registration plate is FGW10C. The car was originally light ivory, but has been red, orange and blue. The car missed the 1984 deadline to be registered onto the dvla computer, so this was done by the previous owner in 2000. I guess it has not been on the road since the 1970,s. Its current body condion is well bodged. The floor consists of flat sheets over the original, cover sills and over plating aroung the torsion bar mounts. there is filler in upper body rust on the rear wings, all done along time ago because these repairs are now rusty too. The door hinges have siezed and when opened have pulled off the rotten a posts. Its complete with siezed engine, (very clean though) with a gearbox but no nadela drive shafts :( !. Its rolling on cookie cutter wheels, All the glass, door frames and seats are missing along with the rear overiders. Front overiders are still on the good front bumper. All instuments are there including the outside air temp gauge (as stated on the porsche heritige certificate. :)
The Body although complete is in a bad way. The front bulkhead, dash panel and roof are restorable, along with the unique front suspension mounts and inner front wings but the rear inner and outer wings are bad, apart from the arch areas. The rear bulkhead floor and posts are useless, although there is anough shape there to determine the original profile.
Last edited by 912jeff on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
912jeff
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by 912jeff »

edit
Last edited by 912jeff on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan @ CanfordClassics

Our cars both went through AFN very close together as my plate is

FGW 14C :lol:

Alan
Alan @ CanfordClassics

Also I have a pair of seats that will be coming out of my car.
They are matching and complete with runners and chrome hinges. The drivers seat is the correct for the year with the handle to release the seat back. It also does have a few splits on the seat pad. The passenger seat looks like a slight later one with the release catch on the hinge itself. I didn't even notice the difference myself until closer inspection a few mintues ago.

Alan
rafiki
DDK addict

Post by rafiki »

I have the front seats out of my '66 912 SWB Coupe. Need work, but only to allow the driver to see over the steering wheel, not through it!

In black.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.