HRCR Open Day - 13th January - Gaydon Motor Museum

Upcoming motorsport influenced get togethers.

Moderator: Bootsy

Highfield
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

HRCR Open Day - 13th January - Gaydon Motor Museum

Post by Highfield »

HRCR Open Day

Saturday January 13th 2007 sees the third running of the HRCR Open Day, at the Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon and we hope to meet many of our Clubmans Rally Championship competitors there. It is an opportunity for event organisers in the HRCR Championships to meet the competitor and for members of the public to come and see what being a member of the largest UK club devoted to historic rallying is all about.

Over the previous two years the event organisers have developed their displays into some very impressive stands. Videos, and DVDs have been added to enhance their 'sales pitch' and hopefully they have benefited by the exposure the Open Day has given them.

In the Main Hall will be a display of the 2006 HRCR Championship winning cars. All the various championship co-ordinators will be there to answer all your queries. Regulations and registration forms for all the championships will be available. Also in attendance will be that nice Mr Loveridge who will be happy to help you with your vehicle eligibility issues.

The event is open to all HRCR members and the general public, entry is completely free, and there are no charges for parking your car. This year because of a refurbishment of the main Heritage Motor Museum, the area now available for their exhibits is somewhat smaller, but entry to this area is also free. The Café serving breakfast and midday meals is still open.

Outside the entrance to the Main Hall is a display of members' cars, which has grown each year, and it is hoped to have a display of some of the 'Original Marathon Cars'. There is still room to accept more cars in this display. To enter your vehicle contact Simon Marks, Tel 01865-864038.or email A304SCA@aol.com
Ian Highfield
Pre 73 1964 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT MSA Category 1 Rally Car
1992 964 C2 with RS Suspension setup and Sport Interior - SOLD
1973 911T (2.7 Carrera engine and loads of period mods - all steel) - SOLD
1986 Carrera Coupe (256bhp) - SOLD
Andrew Ish
DDK Fanatic

Post by Andrew Ish »

Ian,
I'll be at the open day sometime tomorrow so have just PM'd you my mobile no. in case you want to meet up for a chat.
Having said this the pm looks slow to clear my outbox. I'll give it a bit more time
Hope to meet you tomorrow
Andrew
Andrew
1969 2.2T
Highfield
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Highfield »

Andrew,

It was good to meet up at Gaydon on Saturday, and thanks for the Regularity tips and information.

Also a thanks to Paul Hernamen for his time to talk through the HRCR series etc. and the setup of his RS Replica.

Nice 1965 SWB Rally car for sale alongside Bob Purdy's 912 destined for several events this year.

Few Porsche pictures here :-

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p33/ ... %20Gaydon/

The Brantz close-up is for my reference as I am looking to do something similar, but may utilise my radio 'hole' for these.

Ian
Ian Highfield
Pre 73 1964 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT MSA Category 1 Rally Car
1992 964 C2 with RS Suspension setup and Sport Interior - SOLD
1973 911T (2.7 Carrera engine and loads of period mods - all steel) - SOLD
1986 Carrera Coupe (256bhp) - SOLD