1967 'plain' rear overriders - anyone have the part number?

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

pmjt
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

1967 'plain' rear overriders - anyone have the part number?

Post by pmjt »

I re-read a lovely letter I received from the late John Aldington, regarding my little Sporto OYT - he recalled she'd been featured in Car Mag in 1968 - a call to the editorial office and a super helpful (and friendly) person resulted in me getting a colour copy of the article - and then an original from eBay :-)

BUT - unlike the other photos of her in period - this has a REAR photo for the first time - and I've discovered she should have plain rear overriders (the previous owner did update her a little :roll:).

Does anyone know the part number for both left and right sides? I wonder if they are still available NOS? :roll:

Anyone on here got a MINT set they'd like to turn into Christmas cash? :lol: :wink:

TIA

P
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nick Moss »

The PET is a little unclear on this but shows a part number as 901.505.033.20. In my experience it is better to use the old paper listing for these parts to be sure. Jeff Moyes has a copy.

Roger Bray lists a replica bumper guard without trim. I have used their rubber covered guards and they are very good.
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

The part number given by Nick is correct.

I bought a pair of repro plain rear chrome overriders from Roger Bray a few months ago & was not impressed with the quality - & they didn't fit particularly well either...
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
hot66

Post by hot66 »

phil, I fitted a pair of the repro all chrome over-riders to my '67

James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
pmjt

Post by pmjt »

nick-moss wrote:The PET is a little unclear on this but shows a part number as 901.505.033.20. In my experience it is better to use the old paper listing for these parts to be sure. Jeff Moyes has a copy.

Roger Bray lists a replica bumper guard without trim. I have used their rubber covered guards and they are very good.
Thanks Nick - I'll call Jeff tomorrow - the car is too original to fit repros - and I would rather take the wait / pay the price for either NOS or absolutely perfect originals :-)

And so the hunt is on....... :wink:

P
Alan @ CanfordClassics

Post by Alan @ CanfordClassics »

I have an original parts manual from 1971 and will also check tomorrow in case none rubber trim over riders are in there.

Alan
http://www.canfordclassics.co.uk
Porsche Restoration & Sales
912uk

Post by 912uk »

Philip I might have a set from the 65 car which had a number of NOS parts in the box that have not been used.. Just plain ones..

Will have to search a few boxes to find them stand by :wink:
pmjt

Post by pmjt »

912uk wrote:Philip I might have a set from the 65 car which had a number of NOS parts in the box that have not been used.. Just plain ones..

Will have to search a few boxes to find them stand by :wink:
Thanks Mark - if they are NOS that'd be superb :-)

P
pmjt

Post by pmjt »

Thanks to everyone - I spoke to local OPC today and they are still available new from Porsche - looks like 901 505 033 20 are the plain early type and 902 505 033 95 are the 'buffer for protection' type - I guess this means with a rubber 'protection' strip?

Anyho - Mike (210bhp) had a great condition pair (excuse the pun!) and Gilbert (Chris) very kindly taxi'd them down earlier today - what a perfect excuse to avoid the Queen's speach / family board games on Christmas day - I'll be in the garage..... :wink:

P
gilbert911
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by gilbert911 »

Philip,

Thanks for the namecheck :wink: - don't mention it, it was good to meet with you..
And Mike (210Bhp) many thanks for keeping the tank for me - I'm very pleased with it - the 500Ml round trip was worth it.

C
Gilbert 911
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

I am glad you are both pleased

Chris
It was a long way to come but it was very nice to meet you. I am happy the tank will be put to good use just like it was intended. Good luck with your project and keep us up to speed with progress

Philip

Thanks go to Chris for meeting you with the overriders. I hope they are up to your required standard. Please, no worries if they are not. Just let me know. That car deserves the best.

Regards
Mike
pmjt

Post by pmjt »

210bhp wrote: Thanks go to Chris for meeting you with the overriders. I hope they are up to your required standard. Please, no worries if they are not. Just let me know. That car deserves the best.

Thanks Mike - they're visually perfect on the outside (which is what matters!) but there is some light surface corrosion, lifting the paint, on the inside - I was going to get to work on them over the weekend with some rust eater and then finish them off with a primer paint. They'll be perfect.

The only reason for asking Mark if he still had the NOS one's is - with parts like these, it's always good to have spares :wink:

P
912uk

Post by 912uk »

oh ok I thought you were sorted so I didn't carry on looking I found some rears with rubbers but I know I have some others new ones in bags... I know they were bought from Stoddards in about 1980 as I have the paper work here.. the PO spent a mint on parts!!! like new fly wheels clutch heat exchangers !!!! the nice parts!!
pmjt

Post by pmjt »

912uk wrote:oh ok I thought you were sorted so I didn't carry on looking I found some rears with rubbers but I know I have some others new ones in bags... I know they were bought from Stoddards in about 1980 as I have the paper work here.. the PO spent a mint on parts!!! like new fly wheels clutch heat exchangers !!!! the nice parts!!
Like I said above Mark the ones Mike sent down are lovely and will clean up as good as new - but IF you have some NOS genuine Porsche ones I'll take 'em (subject to price) as it's good to have a backup set :-)

P