my 356 journey

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

Disco
DDK rules my life!

Re: my 356 journey

Post by Disco »

Thanks Jonno,

funnily enough, when I clicked on the Facebook link it just took me to the main page. I had a 'shoofty' at the pictures and noticed that they had my old 911T ( pastel blue ) in their shop recently for a service and an MOT.. such a small world!

anyway - yes, bonnet straps already bought as well as the headlight meshes... :) - I'll refrain from putting the carrera script on the side... would be good to get an outlaw script in the same font as the carrera... anyone know if those exist?

Cheers
joe
AK1040
DDK Newbie

Post by AK1040 »

Hi Jo car looks great you must be happy with the result of all your effort, it will be good to get all three local cars together , remember car meet first Thursday of the month in our garden , next meet 1st May starting about 7.30pm , will ask Dave to come as well .Neil & Alex
Dave Lane
DDK addict

Post by Dave Lane »

AK1040 wrote:Hi Jo car looks great you must be happy with the result of all your effort, it will be good to get all three local cars together , remember car meet first Thursday of the month in our garden , next meet 1st May starting about 7.30pm , will ask Dave to come as well .Neil & Alex
Thanks Neil and Alex Will be there for sure & looking forward to it 8)
Maybe Joe you will get your car back by the weekend, looks great and cant wait to see it in the flesh
Dave
DDK Member [732]
LHD 62 356B T6 S90

LHD 60 15window Delux [sold]
LHD 62 splitscreen Crewcab [sold]
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

Right, well, its been a few weeks since I've had the car back in the garage and got to grips with it. The sluggish performance was due to old petrol so now I'm cooking on gas, so to speak.

here's a final one of the interior, so lovely to sit in it, wooden rimmed steering wheel really sets it off, I cant tell you how chuffed I am.

Managed to get the yellow fuchs on ( excuse the state of the garage - I had a plan to sort that out in the months when there was no car in it, but was lazy)

Fitted the chip pan headlight covers from Ren ( finally ) and I love them - they needed a bit of a squeeze and manipulation to fit properly but it was worth it. Just the Carrera bonnet straps to go..

My homage to all things DDK.

and a final detail shot of the wing mirror ( completely and utterly useless, but it makes the car look as if its going faster! )

Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

lovely weather this weekend, which allowed me to put on the bonnet straps. I bought these from the internet. I think that they were about 16 quid plus postage. I'm sure that they aren't as good as the £160 ones from KK or the almost £200 ones from RB, but frankly I think they'll do...

definitely made the car go faster...

quite tricky to make sure that I got them to line up. lots of masking tape in the right places...

but the end result is one I'm happy with:

And one more from the side... with those yellow Fuchs..

thats pretty much it now. bar a few stickers ( Bootsy, expect a PM! ) and the car is done. need to get a balsa gear knob, but thats it.
visualfx
I luv DDK!

Post by visualfx »

Looking good Joe,

Will I see you at CLM?

Garry
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Looks cool, on standby for the pm!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Dave Lane
DDK addict

Post by Dave Lane »

Hi Joe was good to see you over the weekend, your car is looking great, and there was a lot of pic takers very busy too shame Alex/Neil couldn't make it. 8) 8)

Dave
DDK Member [732]
LHD 62 356B T6 S90

Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

Dave,

Your camera is better than mine! - lovely pictures and a lovely day. Thanks for coming down and for the three 356's in a line... shame you haven't got a picture of the 4 litre Bentley that was next to us!
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

My stickers didn't arrive in time sadly, but they have now....

I'm sure that they're not for the faint hearted, but anyway:

Last edited by Disco on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

here's my favourite :

I'm really really pleased with a/ the quality and b/ the quality! - of the stickers. Thanks to Bootsy for these. Excellent quality and a good price ( did I mention the quality???))

Thanks again

joe
Last edited by Disco on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

right, thats pretty much it. may need something for the back haunch... but I leave you with one final set of pictures from the weekend, DDK advertising in full effect:

jonno1
I luv DDK!

Post by jonno1 »

Great photos and the car looks great. Kent clearly had the weather this weekend.
1958 356A Coupe
987 Gen 2 Boxster
986 2.5 Boxster
Dave Lane
DDK addict

Post by Dave Lane »

Looks much more the outlaw Joe now good work.does Zac know his no 1 driver yet :lol: 8)
Dave
DDK Member [732]
LHD 62 356B T6 S90