Manual EV 356

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Re: Manual EV 356

Post by Hugo 356 »

The unspoken rule of Porsche hot rodding is Porsche DNA

Made in America with custom case, cams and crank, the Polo engine gained acceptance where a Subaru engine would be frowned upon

Some amusingly exploited this rule to wind up the local pca chapter, in this case with an 8.2 litre Cadillac V8; “It’s funny to watch the Porsche guys just repulsed by the sacrilege of modifying one of their precious Porsches.”

Porsche DNA evolved from a combination of capitalism & a desire to cover more distance in 24 hours than anyone else. EV DNA evolved from climate change & fleet carbon targets dreamed up by bureaucrats in Brussels & Whitehall.

The only way to settle the controversial issue of classic EV conversions once and for all is with a referendum…
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

I love my 2.4S , but I’m not kidding myself by thinking it isn’t flawed…. But for me the package INCL a high comp MFI motor makes it what I love and the reason I’ve owned it for getting on for 20years soon . Take the cammy low torque but high revving petrol motor away and it just becomes a slightly unstable and dynamically flawed 50year old car. I’d be better off with a boxster and fully EVing it if I wanted to go down the route of ‘classic’ electric car ( to be fair an EV 986 would be quite a thing 8) ).

This is why i have no interest in EV ing a lot of classics … subjectively they’re shite but they have elements that form a package that endear themselves to us.

And I’m not against EV’s at all … we’ve had 2 330e’s as a compromise so far and have a full EV coming in March as our main family car to do 20k mile per year in
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
sisu
DDK forever

Post by sisu »

This to me is the concerning part for me, it is all at sea.

Scene tax
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

So I'm outside building my extra garage and the schools kick out, a couple of lads stop to see what we are doing mixing up mortar and laying bricks and one of the lads asks what are you building. It's a garage for my 911. What's that they ask. Well it's a German sports car. The reply - I bet it's not as fast as my Dads' Tesla. So I ask do you know the Tesla is powered by an electric motor. Of course I do that's what all cars should have.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
keith fellowes
DDK forever

Post by keith fellowes »

Ignatzcatz wrote:So I'm outside building my extra garage and the schools kick out, a couple of lads stop to see what we are doing mixing up mortar and laying bricks and one of the lads asks what are you building. It's a garage for my 911. What's that they ask. Well it's a German sports car. The reply - I bet it's not as fast as my Dads' Tesla. So I ask do you know the Tesla is powered by an electric motor. Of course I do that's what all cars should have.
Not all Teslas https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=43007 ... ef=sharing
deano
I luv DDK!

Post by deano »

keith fellowes wrote: Not all Teslas https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=43007 ... ef=sharing
:lol: brilliant! thanks for sharing :bom:
Dean
1973T Targa MFI 334 met blu- under restoration https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 28&t=67060
1980 924 Turbo, blu/grn tartan - restored