A sportscar for...

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: A sportscar for...

Post by Sam »

Winston Teague wrote:
Sam wrote:Since you lot have given up I’ll tell you:

It’s the MGB GT.
You didn't let on that you are balding, wearing a beige cardigan and wanting to carry your his&hers Decathlon e-bike to an out of season b&b in the lake district, without a bar......

AC Aceca.......

W

Ah yes, but, whilst that guy sounds a bit boring, he’s not a wa nk er.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

Winston Teague wrote:Image
Can't see what's going on there. Have you run over some cyclists on the way up the mountain?
christaylorsound
DDK addict

Post by christaylorsound »

The answer is simple; 968. I did many 10s of 1000s of miles in mine, many with a bike or even 2 plus weekend luggage in it! Before that I had a 944 (which has already been mentioned) which is just as practical etc but for me the 968 is the 'ultimate 944'

Chris.
Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

inaglasshouse wrote:
Winston Teague wrote:Image
Can't see what's going on there. Have you run over some cyclists on the way up the mountain?
It's a pre war tandem, dismantled and strapped to the spare wheel of our Frazer Nash. TBH it was a troublesome load due to the 'firmness' of the rear suspension.....fun trip though, Boulogne Bike Rally, followed by a week ripping around in Champagne area. The car's first journey following 50 years in bits, being cannibalised..... That was '95, still have, tandem, 'Nash and wife! Racing the Nash at Mallory on Sunday :) :) Can't wait.

My Scott Speedster Gravel will fit in the back of the 356 with the wheels seperate, so there's the answer. I've never had the Porsche W nk r treatment in the 356......
W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

Epic! Thanks. Good luck on Sunday.
Yep, 356 is a good shout, I think.
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

How are the brakes on a 1930s tandem? I’d imagine utterly terrifying.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.