Castle Hedingham Photos

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Highfield wrote:Great pics Paul - thank you.

Unfortunately the event clashed with the PCGB Track Day at Donington that I was booked on - great day out there also though.

Interesting shot of the 'drilled' door handle - what was that on ?

Ian
Yup that's my car Ian. Rather than Hijack this thread I'll update my thread in the restoration section.

Great pictures Paul - I've got some of my own and will try and upload them tonight.

Great day out - really enjoyed it. Picked up some bargain Elephant racing bushes as well.
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
decapman
DDK slapper chatter

Post by decapman »

Thanks Paul
Good to meet up again.
Great day out for all.
Marcus
1967 RHD 911S
1958 Fiat Abarth Zagato 750 Competition Corsa
1956 356a "die Ratte"
1972 Mercedes 280S
2014 BMW X3 2.0SE
1974 914 2.0
992 C2S
1955 Continental Cabriolet
1968 Citroen DS21
Mike Smith
DDK rules my life!

Hedingham 2008

Post by Mike Smith »

Stunning Photos - BUT - why do you guys always see more than me - I want to go back and re-enact it

Mike at PR
left4dead

Post by left4dead »

Well, what another superb day at Hedingham - I didn't think the inuagarul day last year could be bettered but yesterday was very close indeed (helped by the wonderful weather which didn't look likely at all when we arrived at 09:30).

Well done to all those involved with the organisation and to all for bringing out such a great display of wonderful cars. I'm already looking forward to the same again next year, please!

Also nice to put some more faces to names and to catch up with those already met :)

Lastly, thanks Mr. Ferryman for another great record of the day - when I saw you there I put my pathetic little camera back in its case - you always have all the angles covered 8)

Salut!
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
912uk

Post by 912uk »

looked good well done for the award Phill.. Nice photo's. What's with the pink car? nice resto... one day I will come up..

glad the event was a good turn out for all concerned.. I personaly think we could do 3 of these events a year.. One large and 2 smaller events. Round the country. Essex, Dorset and Midlands way. Then I think it would get more people turning up and more people wanting to come and show off their own cars..

Still a great event.. Pleased the sun was out for you guys.. 8)
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

sladey wrote:
Great day out - really enjoyed it. Picked up some bargain Elephant racing bushes as well.
where on earth in the midlands are you going to find an elephant to race ?
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
impmad2000
I need to get out more!

Post by impmad2000 »

Helen wrote:where on earth in the midlands are you going to find an elephant to race ?
Twycross ?
Tim Bennett
RHD Targa 2.2T EFI, Triumph ITB's, EDIS and Megasquirt.
"Old enough to know what's right and young enough not to choose it"
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Sorry if I missed anybody - we stayed for a good while but then went to Long melford for a quality pub lunch before driving back to Norwich - a lovely day indeed.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Mitch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Mitch »

left4dead wrote:Well, what another superb day at Hedingham - I didn't think the inuagarul day last year could be bettered but yesterday was very close indeed (helped by the wonderful weather which didn't look likely at all when we arrived at 09:30).

Well done to all those involved with the organisation and to all for bringing out such a great display of wonderful cars. I'm already looking forward to the same again next year, please!

Also nice to put some more faces to names and to catch up with those already met :)

Lastly, thanks Mr. Ferryman for another great record of the day - when I saw you there I put my pathetic little camera back in its case - you always have all the angles covered 8)

Salut!
My thoughts exactly! It was great event and big thanks to Fred and everyone else involved; quite a task to get so many top quality cars in one place. Just goes to show the huge amount of interest in the early cars and where the real enthusiasm for Porsche lies.

If there's a prize for DDK Photographer of the Year, my vote goes to Paul. Excellent pics as always, by any standard. Thanks for posting.
IanMcLeod
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanMcLeod »

You are right about the turnout. I counted all the pre 74 911s and including the cars belonging to the traders there was just over 100 on show. There must have been a similar number of 356s.
Ian.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

8) Image
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
AirCooledExcellence
DDK Fanatic

Post by AirCooledExcellence »

johndglynn wrote:I love it, Fraise is such a brilliant colour. Stick to your guns Nick, looks superb ;)
Says the man who stuck daisies all over the front valance of his SC :roll:
http://www.impactbumpers.com - Classic 911's and nothing else!
1984 911 Carrera - 3.6 Transplant
1987 911 Turbo - SOLD
1983 911 SC Targa - SOLD
Ferry Man

Post by Ferry Man »

Of course the highlight of the show (for me) was this little beauty.
My reasoning is largely because this engine, is my engine. 8) 8) 8)
Soon to be propelling my ST rep/R Gruppe style Hot Rod.

Ain't she pretty? :)

Paul

'74 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7 (MFI) - Lime Green
'94 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (993) - Mexico Blue
elkelk
Married to the DDK

Post by elkelk »

Made it from N.Wales by lunchtime, very impressed with the quality of the displays...

MartinP
DDK forever

Post by MartinP »

Sounds like you made good time elkelk! We left North Wales at 6.45 and were back in Newbury at 10.30 which wasn't bad. Looks like I missed a good show, but I was still buzzing from the rally. Did you realise you got an award at the dinner? I think you'd left by then...
ex-Porsche 912 owner, currently making do with a 1971 Volkswagen Beetle
1964 Series IIA Land-Rover
http://www.thatchamclassic.co.uk