Musings and idle ponderings...

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Musings and idle ponderings...

Post by 911hillclimber »

Porsche tax is very real of course, all driven by the high value of the cars repeatedly pumped by the press and trade.

Your 2.4S is worth £150K today, 175 by late summer, so (quote) the paint job is £7K today, 9K in late summer, 'bring it on!'

The numbers quoted for high end cars, for bumpers etc are massive yet the process to make them is much as a low volume car like a good AUDI.

Our cars and our interest is now in the air stream of fashion, the high cost headlines of 2.4s for mega, the 2.7RS more so.
In the stream are the next ones on the conveyor belt, the Targas, the Impact bumpers, the 964 all being pulled by the 'RS' prices.

The system is trying to find a source of cars that can be talked up to the next price growth.

Glad I bought my 911T in 88, re-built using many old parts, hand-made panels and DIY repairs in my garage.
What chance the enthusiast today, £30K for a basket for starters.

Mind you, there has never been so many parts to allow for an easy but expensive restoration, and a waiting customer base for the sale at the end of restoration (with a fat wallet), so be it.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9