Old Moto Guzzi - Finally managed to buy one ! (1967)

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Cortina
DDK rules my life!

Re: Old Moto Guzzi - Finally managed to buy one ! (1967)

Post by Cortina »

8 days since I landed in Seattle. Bike has been "transformed" from something I did not enjoy riding or go very well at first ... to something which now looks the part , and goes twice as well. Today I hope to go for a 100 mile + run on it ..... to see what leaks , or falls off .... while I still have time to rectify.

One thing that impresses me here , is the quality and quantity of what gets sold in a good hardware store. Some previous clown had managed to essentially shear the long bolts holding the rocker covers on..... M6 × 100mm long approx ...... no bother to buy. Spacers , Aluminium flat bar for making pannier fitting brackets , ... no problem. Only thing hard to get is metric drill bits , .....hmmmmmm

Photos another day !
Royal Enfield .. still in India
GL 1800 Tour DCT, for pleasure / Fantic 240 Professional - play
Rally 911 (1966) build parked for a while
Rally 928 (work started again - inc serious weight loss programe !)
.... and now another VW Up GTI owner.
Cortina
DDK rules my life!

Re: Old Moto Guzzi - Finally managed to buy one ! (1967)

Post by Cortina »

Road trip now complete ..... 3000 miles approx , down the coast from Seattle to San Francisco , then back up again via snow covered mountains , nice lakes , and yet more trees !!

Saw more 356's on the roads than 911's .

Will post a few photies next week after I get back home to a pc ..... highlights ..... a bear in the motel car park at 2am , the sight of a squadron of pelicans flying past our window in Gualala , an a ride round the edge of Crater Lake in Oregon.

No bike issues , and only one suicidal Bambi on the road that I managed to avoid !!
Royal Enfield .. still in India
GL 1800 Tour DCT, for pleasure / Fantic 240 Professional - play
Rally 911 (1966) build parked for a while
Rally 928 (work started again - inc serious weight loss programe !)
.... and now another VW Up GTI owner.