Need Help with Jo Siffert's 1970 911S

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

King's Lead Hat
DDK Newbie

Re: Need Help with Jo Siffert's 1970 911S

Post by King's Lead Hat »

Brief update on my contacting the Sifferts . . .

A friend had a chance to actually speak w/ Jo Siffert's daughter Veronique. Seems that my letter to her was received, but . . . she was too busy to get back to me. Then again --- not much to say, either, really. She was 2 years-old when her father passed away and has no memory of him. Seems a bit shy about the attention/publicity that the name still generates, too, so . . . there's that.

As for any other family remembrances? . . . zippity-do-dah. Turns out that Mr Siffert had three dealerships that he was selling cars out of --- and whatever records that did exist were loooong-since disposed-of. I mean --- everything that I'm interested in happened 40-some years ago; what could be left? Even the iconic picture of him in a Porsche 's been lost.

Also, seems that Mr Siffert sold a lot of cars --- including Bugattis that went to the Schlumpf brothers. Owned a lot of cars himself, too --- including as many as three different 911s. After his death, there apparently was an auction that took place in Fribourg ~early '72 that sold-off the businesses + cars + assets . . . and that was that. I may still be able to contact the descendants of the Dealer who re-sold my car --- possibly purchased from that same Fribourg auction.

And there may still be some 'family' photos that might turn up. Or --- maybe something in Porsche's own archives . . . but, at least for now . . .

. . . I'm gonna leave the Sifferts alone.

I can explain it to you . . . but I can't understand it for you