HELP! snapped engine cover release cable!!

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

Dyno Soar
I luv DDK!

Post by Dyno Soar »

Ok I WON!!! :P

I sacrificed my grill section on the decklid or engine lid (whatever you prefer) with a pair of tin snips. I also cut through the plastic section of the grill as mine has a whale tail.
I then reached back there to grab the broken cable and tugged lightly and voila! it POPPED! :lol:

I further investigated this issue from all angles and it seems to me that this is the best and only way you can pop the engine lid if the cable does indeed snap. Unless you want to drill holes in the engine lid itself ruining it and that seems exessive. By going through the engine grill the sacrifice being the grill section of the engine lid and your whale tail if you have one. As I am replacing my tail with a 'R' type grill section I wasn't too worried.

I was alo please to find the 3.2 engine complete with messy eleccy install, which I will tidy up at a later date. The 3.2 was really clean and at least its there as promised eh?! :wink:

I spent the next 20 mins removing the whale tail to inspect my very good condition engine lid :) also started to remove the big old impact bumpers.

Thanks fella's.. I hope this thread can help someone else in a similar bind.
Last edited by Dyno Soar on Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alam

77' 911 Carerra 3.0 'The Beast'
58' 356-A Coupe
55' Chevy
51' AP17
hot66

Post by hot66 »

8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)