Aubergine Porsche 911

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

Patrick, quite a few people here seem to know your car.... but I don`t know anything about it, can you tell me what it is / started out as ?

Cheers, Mike R.
patrick
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by patrick »

The bodywork was done by Francis Tuthills who did an amazing job. Besides a couple of new panels it recieved RS touring rear quarter bumpers to go with the flares. Currently it is running a '72 E engine with S pistons giving about 180 hp. The suspension has been fully set up with RS torsion bars and the handling is now perfect. I want to do something with the engine. I'm thinking of a twin spark 3.0 litre SC engine on PMO carbs giving about 280 hp. What do you think? :)

Patrick.
richkaz
DDK rules my life!

Aubergine Porsche 911

Post by richkaz »

Fantastic looking car in a great colour. The flared arches just set it off nicely without looking OTT.
The classy looking tan leather interior looks great . Stunning !! 8)
“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three
decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good "..

1971 911 2.2T sold
1970 911 2.2S Sold but remains within DDK
1959 Lancia Flaminia PF Coupe
bob tilton
DDK addict

Post by bob tilton »

Very nice! Love to see flared cars with no ducktails!
ross.mcw
DDK slapper chatter

Post by ross.mcw »

Patrick, if you do think about a new engine, give me a shout as I wouldn't mind a second engine to tinker with.

Cheers, Ross.
1972 911T in metallic Gemini Blue
mycar

Post by mycar »

patrick wrote: I'm thinking of a twin spark 3.0 litre SC engine on PMO carbs giving about 280 hp. What do you think? :)

Patrick.
:? What I think is, I find it quite disconcerting that theses photos of your car make me slightlly disatisfied wit my lovely car. I suppose this is how it goes, first you want a Porsche, then before you know it you want another and then......

I spent some time this weekend around a couple of RSs, one a rep and I just love the way those huge arches flow down and over the fat tyres. Non of that low profile business just proper, purposeful ,big rubber, something just very right about the whole thing. And the sound of those big engines, dear me :P

All this lusting was, at the time, tempered by the the thought of the sheer size of the sums involved in realising these dreams.... just impossible really.

But of course there is another way, not the purest way, some would say, but to have the bodywork altered to your own spec and then be free to choose an engine to suit...I love it, the whole design ethos.......get the car you want.

The possibility of increasing your present HP by more than 50% sounds..... well pretty mad really, in an excellnt sort of way. I look forward to, hopefully bumping into you and your car (metaphorically :) ) sometime this year

As for Hayley, well she doesn`t like RSs at all, much prefering delicate lines, the older the better. Until today that is. now she`s suddenlly a huge fan of fat arches and aubergine, which is good because now I don`t have to buy her a 356 :)

So this is how it starts.

Cheers Mike R.
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

patrick wrote: I'm thinking of a twin spark 3.0 litre SC engine on PMO carbs giving about 280 hp. What do you think? :)
I think that sounds great 8)
1970 911 3.6T
hot66

Post by hot66 »

mycar wrote:

Patrick.
:? What I think is, I find it quite disconcerting that theses photos of your car make me slightlly disatisfied wit my lovely car. I suppose this is how it goes, first you want a Porsche, then before you know it you want another and then......

I spent some time this weekend around a couple of RSs, one a rep and I just love the way those huge arches flow down and over the fat tyres. Non of that low profile business just proper, purposeful ,big rubber, something just very right about the whole thing. And the sound of those big engines, dear me :P

All this lusting was, at the time, tempered by the the thought of the sheer size of the sums involved in realising these dreams.... just impossible really.

But of course there is another way, not the purest way, some would say, but to have the bodywork altered to your own spec and then be free to choose an engine to suit...I love it, the whole design ethos.......get the car you want.

The possibility of increasing your present HP by more than 50% sounds..... well pretty mad really, in an excellnt sort of way. I look forward to, hopefully bumping into you and your car (metaphorically :) ) sometime this year

As for Hayley, well she doesn`t like RSs at all, much prefering delicate lines, the older the better. Until today that is. now she`s suddenlly a huge fan of fat arches and aubergine, which is good because now I don`t have to buy her a 356 :)

So this is how it starts.

Cheers Mike R.
Just don't contemplate doing it to your S mike :shock:

So Hayley is going to raid your piggy bank & get a wide arched RS stylie 911 built as her daily ;) ? Sounds like you've both been hanging around bad influences :lol:
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
mycar

Post by mycar »

hot66 wrote: Sounds like you've both been hanging around bad influences :lol:
:wink: How did you know.

No, not the blue car James, you`re quite right.

And any way Hayley`s been looking at the outlaw thread this eve and now she wants anything with stripes, preferably in a matt finish and yes, it`s got to pull wheelies :shock:

So then, we`re not involving any fickle wifely whims in any future Porsche plans ,just at the moment.

Mike R.
58A - 71E
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by 58A - 71E »

mycar wrote:any way Hayley`s been looking at the outlaw thread this eve and now she wants anything with stripes, preferably in a matt finish and yes, it`s got to pull wheelies :shock:

So then, we`re not involving any fickle wifely whims in any future Porsche plans ,just at the moment.

Mike R.
If only that were true of my wife :roll: :lol:

Love the car Patrick
James

'58 356A 1600n
'71 911E 2,2

mycar

Post by mycar »

Evening James, how`s the rebuild going
58A - 71E
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by 58A - 71E »

Expensively :crybaby:
Will start a new thread once all the parts have arrived, just need a psychologist from Switzerland to come back :wink: :lol:

Hijack over Patrick :)
James

'58 356A 1600n
'71 911E 2,2

mycar

Post by mycar »

Yes, sorry Patrick :)
Matt black70
DDK forever

Post by Matt black70 »

Hi Patrick, I think you'll rarely see a better looking car.Well done.
Black 70T
72 Beetle 1302s
70 Triumph TR6
Corrado VR6 storm(kindly written of by a friendly police officer)
BMW E92 335D
Volvo V70 D5
s west
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by s west »

Don't want to hijack this thread but with a bit of luck my aubergine 911T should arrive on Friday if Hapag-Lloyd can get the container here from Hamburg.

Steve
Basel, Switzerland
1993 964RS
1973 911T (here soon)

[img][img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/ ... 0_1006.jpg[/img][/img]