Porsche for sale of the day..........

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
stevenery
DDK Fanatic

Re: Porsche for sale of the day..........

Post by stevenery »

The yellow 914 looks good - difficult to tell from the angle, but the rear arches might have been stretched rather than the usual flares. Great looking in any case!
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nige »

rhd racer wrote:Super rare 4 speed manual…..not sure how they continually get stuff wrong when it is their business to sell cars
Dogleg 4 speeder! Super rare :lol: Probably that's why its called a 914/4 as in 4 speed :wink: Would like to get hold of a 914/6 with a 6 speed box.
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

stevenery wrote:The yellow 914 looks good - difficult to tell from the angle, but the rear arches might have been stretched rather than the usual flares. Great looking in any case!
It's a california car, looked rock solid on the face of it but I didn't get too close. Had a single carbon fibre motorsport seat in it if I remember correctly. He had imported it to race together with a friend, but the friend's circumstances had changed so it was up for sale.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

On the subject of rare combinations, here's a 1987 3.2 Supersport with its original ducktail, apparently, and it's also an SC into the bargain. https://themarket.co.uk/en/listings/por ... f23a70c3be
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

2.7RS engine for sale £25k with MFI (ready for assembly).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265492047534 ... SwUlph2sXp

I had a chat with the guy, it all sounds very promising. He used to work for Neil Bainbridge (used to live with him in fact) and says all the parts are spot on ready to assemble right down to nuts, bolts and gaskets. Based on a '74 2.7 magnesium case, all machine work done. MFI is all set up correctly for this engine, tested on the rolling road and ready to go. At least based on this conversation, I doubt you would find better. I was tempted but decided to finish projects I have on the go before starting anything else.
Boydyrs
DDK forever

Post by Boydyrs »

I think you’ll find a 914/4 is a 4 cyl engine and 914/6 has 6…….nothing to do with g/box
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Boydyrs wrote:I think you’ll find a 914/4 is a 4 cyl engine and 914/6 has 6…….nothing to do with g/box
I think you might find you've missed the whoosh parrot :lol:
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Re the 2.7RS engine, it's really a 2.7RS spec engine surely?
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

gridgway wrote:Re the 2.7RS engine, it's really a 2.7RS spec engine surely?
Yes, it didn't come out of an RS. Although I understand the only material difference is the engine number - it's the reinforced, thickened 7R magnesium case, same spec, the proper MFI pump. But yes, I'd say it's a 2.7RS replica engine. You could put it in a 2.7RS and nobody would tell the difference. He said it took him years to collect all the correct parts but he just has too much on and will never get around to building it.
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Indeed a fabulous idea, just a bit too much for me though for a project!
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

RobFrost wrote:
gridgway wrote: You could put it in a 2.7RS and nobody would tell the difference.

I beg to differ.

The pump is dated September 73 for starters.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

210bhp wrote:
RobFrost wrote: You could put it in a 2.7RS and nobody would tell the difference.
I beg to differ.
The pump is dated September 73 for starters.
Regards
Mike
For the record M'Lud, I'd just like to correct the quoting to avoid thinking that statement could have come from my fingers :lol:
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Duly noted :lol:
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

RobFrost wrote:2.7RS engine for sale £25k with MFI (ready for assembly).

I had a chat with the guy, it all sounds very promising. He used to work for Neil Bainbridge (used to live with him in fact) and says all the parts are spot on ready to assemble right down to nuts, bolts and gaskets. Based on a '74 2.7 magnesium case, all machine work done. MFI is all set up correctly for this engine, tested on the rolling road and ready to go. At least based on this conversation, I doubt you would find better. I was tempted but decided to finish projects I have on the go before starting anything else.
Sounds fun, but for £25k I expect someone to at least read their eBay listing words before actually posting........Quite frankly that listing has the look a scam advert to me...."too may projects" "sort after" and "Crack balance".......W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

Winston Teague wrote:
RobFrost wrote:2.7RS engine for sale £25k with MFI (ready for assembly).

Sounds fun, but for £25k I expect someone to at least read their eBay listing words before actually posting........Quite frankly that listing has the look a scam advert to me...."too may projects" "sort after" and "Crack balance".......W
Agreed Winston - but your post suggests that, like me, you are "over a certain age" - where accuracy matters! The advertiser clearly isn't and therefore it doesn't - only instant post and gratification!!
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress