Off topic watch chat for the horologists out there

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Mike wrote:
sladey wrote: How did you set this up Mike - through your local dealer or direct with Rolex?
Hi Mark, there's a service desk at their HQ in St James Square, where you can drop them off and they send you an estimate.

Or of course there's the new branch office, which was the reason I posted the receipt, but no-one's spotted it yet :roll:
Mike wrote: and the bill.......

Thanks Mike

You're Waaaay too good at this photoshop stuff.

Cheers

Mark
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

Sorry to bump this thread, but I thought it might be a good place to ask...

Does anyone know a good independent repair shop? I've just about given up on Omega - had some work done by them last February and already it is beginning to crap-up again. One pusher is loose (fell off last time), and it is leaking a bit of water as well :( It needs a service, anyhow...
'68 912
Vic Cohen
I luv DDK!

Post by Vic Cohen »

Try www.swisswatch.co.uk ask for Tim .they re down at the end of Chiswick high rd , near the old Chequered Flag garage ..........all like bikes , but Tim s a sucker for Orange Pork ............work doneon the premises.
jamie
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by jamie »

Cheers Vic![/quote]
'68 912
Geebe
DDK Newbie

Post by Geebe »

964RS wrote:Well word on the street is the deap sea's are plumetting! Literally.

8-9k a few weeks back now changing hands at 5,500 and dealers are turning them down...will be down to list soon and below by xmas.

Rolex seem to have blown it...just waaaaaay too big it seams
Google here I come........! Also looking for a Milgauss LV.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

Geebe wrote:
964RS wrote:Well word on the street is the deap sea's are plumetting! Literally.

8-9k a few weeks back now changing hands at 5,500 and dealers are turning them down...will be down to list soon and below by xmas.

Rolex seem to have blown it...just waaaaaay too big it seams
Google here I come........! Also looking for a Milgauss LV.
There was a brand new unregistered one on TZ uk this week for £5100.

Todays purchase for me.....

Panerai Radiomir 0098 GMT/Alarm

One of a limited run of 500...

hot66

Post by hot66 »

Jason, that is loverly 8) Just my cup of tea
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
964RS

Post by 964RS »

Cheers James...think it will go in the 'keeper' set
oliveR
DDK forever

Post by oliveR »

Some of my vintage Heuer/breitling bits (i always liked parts) :lol:

Close to be finished

Done...

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

smallspeed wrote:tarrat's is right!.. yeah they're not cheap, and thats what's making me wait to see what the bonus situation is like this year rather than just blazing in and buying one now :roll:

really like the different colour ones, although i want the 92 which doesnt have date/chrono/power reserve, etc.. the orange is cool, but the phantom in black is amazing!! (although a lot more expensive). Not keen on the light blue ones, but the white on black is great anyway; i wouldn't feel like I was "settling" for that model.. ;) pure functionality, esp. with the canvas strap 8)

ben

ps.. thanks for the merc comments; the interior is still shagged, but give me a couple of months.. bodywork and stereo were #1 priorities and they're done so can turn my attention to suspension and soft furnishings over the winter
Tried on a couple of Bell and Ross in Harrods over the weekend. The larger face one is massive and I'm not sure my wrist can take it! The smaller one is too small ! :lol:
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Vic Cohen
I luv DDK!

Post by Vic Cohen »

I ve got a big one ! B&R 46 mm .............of course in orange , have quite small wrists surprisingly easy to wear , also have a Space 3 more practical day to day ....................main reason for original purchase love the fonts etc and very clear to read etc .................service is appalling should u need anything, dont say u were nt warned
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Vic Cohen wrote:I ve got a big one ! B&R 46 mm .............of course in orange , have quite small wrists surprisingly easy to wear , also have a Space 3 more practical day to day ....................main reason for original purchase love the fonts etc and very clear to read etc .................service is appalling should u need anything, dont say u were nt warned
I think if I wore the 46mm regularly I would get used to it - I wear a 44mm Panerai and another 44mm watch so whats 2mm between friends!

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Vic Cohen
I luv DDK!

Post by Vic Cohen »

Mine happens to be pvd coated , makes original Porsche Orfina look ladies size ......................did u get urs done ???
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Vic Cohen wrote:Mine happens to be pvd coated , makes original Porsche Orfina look ladies size ......................did u get urs done ???
Not yet Vic, on the list!

Harrods had one of these just ion stock - not the phantom face but the standard one. a snip at £80K!

Vic Cohen
I luv DDK!

Post by Vic Cohen »

Yer, but its not orange ...................never understood , other than the guys in the Daz white Saville row bathrobes who buys them at that money ?

http://forum.bellross.com/

if ur getting serious try here above .............