RHD 912 For Sale on ebay

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

maverick
DDK Newbie

RHD 912 For Sale on ebay

Post by maverick »

Hello

I've been viewing this forum for a while now as I'm considering purchasing a 912.

I came across this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

or ebay item 160078427902 if the link doesn't work.

I thought I would run it passed a few of you to see what you thought.

I'm definately toying with the idea of bidding but am abit apprehensive having not viewed the car.

I was also wondering if anyone could give me hint as to what the car would be worth (assuming the description is an accurate one!)

Any advice or opinions would be great. Look forward to you responses.

Regards

Tom
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Barry

Post by Barry »

I don't know the car at all, but my impressions on the paint would be that even in the side-on pictures you can see nasty ripples running through the doors. You can just see in the 'primer' photo's that they didn't take either the wiper spindles or door latches off, out of the way.

You might forgive the spindles, but not the latches.

You don't say where you are, Tom, but if you are in the U.K. I'd guess there would be less risky ways of buying?

Also, didn't I see another thread on this car in the last few days? Have a look around ....

Anyway, best of luck with your search: I'm sure a few of the 912 regulars will be able to offer much more advice than me :) .
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
Barry

Post by Barry »

Andy beat me to it :lol: .

Saves looking for that thread anyway :roll: .
DDK Member1243 07741 273865. Now booking Spring '24. Home of the RY Austin 7 Trophy's
Barry

Post by Barry »

Just had another look: if you supersize the last couple of rear three quarter views, it doesn't look too straight. Fine if the price is sensible, or if you could see the car before buying.

Might be nothing, but one thing's for sure, if you can see even the slightest thing in a photo, you usually spot much, much more when you see the car for real.
maverick
DDK Newbie

ebay 912

Post by maverick »

Thanks for all your replies.

Your views and thoughts are much appreciated. I read the other thread and the more I think about it the less appealing it appears.

Like you say. If you can see imperfections in the pics its sure to look far worse in the flesh.

I'm based in Essex.

Have been looking at revival classics web page and they have a Red RHD 912. Does anyone know anything about this car??

Does anyone know of a any good RHD 912's for Sale?
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

worth waiting for the right car to come around then get a pre purchase inspection done on it..

good RHD 912 are out there ask Hunter. he found himself a beauty.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
hunter
Married to the DDK

Post by hunter »

Hi Tom

Helen is right - there are some good rhd cars out there. You just have to wait a little while - and get any potential purchase checked over before you buy. I'm sure most people on here can give you the number of a 912 expert to do a ppi depending on where you and the car are.

RHD do tend to cost a bit more than the lhd versions but if like me, it's got to be rhd, then thats the price you pay.

I can recommend you get in touch with max at revival cars. He's a good egg, very helpful and has some good cars for sale - i bought mine from him. :)

Darran
Darran

Bahama Yellow 67 912 - sold
maverick
DDK Newbie

RHD on ebay

Post by maverick »

Definately going to give the one on ebay a miss. Especially now its gone past the £12k mark!

It will be an expensive car once you've paid for shipping and all the duties.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and take my time looking for the right car. I'm in no rush.

Has anyone had any dealings with Revival cars? The missis and me are thinking of going and taking a look at the Red RHD 912 they have advertised on their web page.

Once again thanks for all the replies.
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

definatly worth a look.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
pmjt
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: RHD on ebay

Post by pmjt »

maverick wrote:It will be an expensive car once you've paid for shipping and all the duties.
BUT since the car was first registered in the UK - if they have paperwork to prove this, there should be no VAT. He's quoting shipping at £425 which sounds darn cheap to me.....
maverick wrote:Has anyone had any dealings with Revival cars? The missis and me are thinking of going and taking a look at the Red RHD 912 they have advertised on their web page.
Yes - I went down to look at a '73E Targa Max was selling. It wasn't the car for my friend but he bought a lovely blue RHD '65 model year 912 instead. I found Max very helpful and my mate is over the moon with his new beastie :-)

Philip